Vegetable Ragu - a perfect dish for your dinner table
Vegetable Ragu is a hearty and flavorful pasta dish that is perfect for your dinner table. This vegetable ragu recipe is just right for busy week nights or lazy weekends.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 T oil
- 12 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms diced
- 2 Large Carrots peeled and diced
- 1 c green bell pepper diced
- 1 large leek white part only, diced
- 1 c onion diced
- 1 28 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 c green lentils rinsed and sorted (look for stones)
- 1 c fresh basil torn into smaller pieces
- 1 box of Organic Soybean Spaghetti from Explore Cuisine
- ½ c fresh parsley for garnish
In a large sauce pan, over medium heat, warm the oil. Begin to saute the mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper, leek and onion. This will take about 15 minutes for all the vegetables to soften.
Once veggies are soft, stir in tomatoes, water and lentils. Bring mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until lentils are soft.
Cool spaghetti per the directions on the box and plate up.
Gently, mix the fresh basil into the ragu mixture. Then spoon the ragu on top of the spaghetti.
Top with parsley and ENJOY!
- Lentils- We used green but another colored lentil would work as well.
- Vegetables - fresh is best, but you can substitute frozen if need be (such as bell peppers)
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 566mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3696IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 3mg