Vegetarian Spaghetti Sauce
Vegetarian spaghetti sauce is a delicious minimalist approach to meatless spaghetti sauce. Using minimal fresh ingredients brings out the robust taste in this vegan spaghetti sauce.
Servings 4 people
- 8 oz Explore Cuisine's Chickpea Spaghetti
- 2 T Oil
- 2.5 c diced tomato fresh tomatoes
- 1 T Worcestershire
- 1 T Brown Sugar optional
- ½ c water optional if sauce is too thick
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 t oregano dried
Prepare your pasta per the directions on the box.Dice onion.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, warm the avocado oil and then saute the onion until soft. While onion is sauteing, dice the fresh tomatoes.
Once the onions are soft put the tomatoes in the skillet along with the Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar (optional), water, red pepper flakes and dried oregano.
Bring sauce to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Once sauce is done simmering, pour the sauce into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
Top cooked spaghetti noodles with sauce.Garnish with fresh basil, parmesan (vegan or dairy).ENJOY!
- Add more fresh or dried herbs to the meatless spaghetti sauce to further enhance the flavor.
- Add finely chopped vegetables to the sauce such as carrots and celery. You can make the sauce thicker by doing this.
- Add in some vegetarian protein such as a meat substitute or lentils to make the sauce more hearty.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 3mg