Homemade Cashew Pesto is so easy to make! Use cashews rather than pine nuts to make a nutty, herby spread that will add flavor and character to so many different meals.
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Fresh Basil tightly packed
- ¼ cup Olive Oil plus more as needed
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup Unsalted cashews
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese shredded. Can use Vegan cheese if desired
Place the minced garlic and a cup of tightly packed fresh basil leaves into a food processor.
Add in oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Then add cashews and parmesan cheese to the mixture in the food processor. Pulse until well combined, but not completely smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste, then adjust to desired consistency by adding more oil.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Make this recipe vegan by using a vegan parmesan cheese substitute.
- Use high quality, fresh ingredients for the best results.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 96mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 337IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg