Vegan Sweet Potato Pie
This vegan dessert recipe is so easy to make but perfect for a big Thanksgiving dinner! Keep it gluten-free with my homemade pie crust recipe.
Servings 8 slices
- 1 pound sweet potatoes cooked, peeled, and blitzed into a puree in a food processor
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 flax egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ⅓ cup full-fat coconut milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and blend until completely smooth and combined. Stop to scrape down the sides when necessary.
Spoon the mixture into your prepared pie crust, and smooth it out in an even layer.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. The center should still wobble slightly.
Let vegan sweet potato pie cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- See my Vegan Pie Crust recipe here.
- Learn how to make a flax egg here.
- Store at room temperature up to 5 days.
- To freeze, let pie cool completely. Wrap tightly in foil. Thaw overnight before serving.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 8044IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg