Zucchini Mushroom Pasta is a beautiful dish that boasts lots of flavors and colors. It will be a splash of spring to your dinner table any time of year.
Did you know that green is my favorite color? Yes, it is true. Green has long been my favorite color and there is a lot of green in this dish. From the peas, to the zucchini to the fresh thyme. This Zucchini Mushroom Pasta dish is all about green.
What do I need to make this zucchini and mushroom pasta dish?
This dish is full of beautiful vegetable flavors and with a little heavy cream and parmesan cheese makes for a hearty vegetarian dinner.
- Olive oil – Or you can use another heart healthy oil to cook with.
- Mushrooms – I used button mushroom but baby bellas would also be great in this dish.
- Zucchini – When you have zucchini in abundance in the summertime this is a great summer pasta dish to use it up. You will need 2 fresh zucchini for this reicpe.
- Peas – You can use fresh or frozen. I used frozen peas for convenience!
- Thyme – A little fresh thyme really brightens up this dish.
- Heavy cream – This adds a bit of richness and helps to thicken it up and create a nice sauce.
- Gluten free pasta – Or regular pasta if you aren’t gluten free. Use whole wheat pasta for additional nutritional benefits.
- Parmesan cheese – Of course a little parmesan cheese adds some great flavor! Top the pasta with some before serving.
How do I make this zucchini mushroom pasta?
The best part of this hearty pasta dish it’s also easy to make. A little bit of prep is all that’s required!
Saute your veggies. In a skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. When oil is warm saute mushrooms and zucchini.
Add remaining ingredients. When zucchini is soft, add in peas and thyme. Cook for 2 minutes.Slowly pour in heavy cream and stir to coat vegetable mixture. Set aside.
Cook the pasta. Prepare gluten-free pasta per directions on box. When pasta is fully cooked, drain. Then combine vegetable mixture into the pasta. Top with cheese. Stir to mix well and ENJOY!
I love dishes that have simple ingredients and this dish has just that. Common simple ingredients. Just look at this recipe as another delicious way to use your garden zucchini!
[Tweet “Zucchini Mushroom Pasta is another delicious way to use your garden zucchini!”]
More Zucchini Recipes To Try:
- Zucchini Parmesan – A Delicious Air Fryer Meal
- Zucchini Grinder Sandwich – a perfect use for those garden zucchinis
- Zucchini Cakes – 3 ways
- Parmesan Zucchini Fries – A Keto Side Dish
- Zucchini Corn Cakes (aka Zucchini Fritters)
- Savory Zucchini Quiche
- Southwest Zucchini Casserole
More Gluten Free Recipes
Looking for more gluten-free recipes? You can check out all our recipes, that use Explore Cuisine pastas! Yummy recipes like: Kid Friendly Pasta Salad, Vegetable Bolognese, Warm Black Bean and Corn Pasta Salad, Spaghetti Stuffed Peppers, Roasted Cauliflower Alfredo and Vegetable Ragu.
Zucchini Mushroom Pasta
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. When oil is warm saute mushrooms and zucchini.
- When zucchini is soft, add in peas and thyme. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in heavy cream and stir to coat vegetable mixture. Set aside.
- Prepare gluten-free pasta per directions on box.
- When pasta is fully cooked, drain. Then combine vegetable mixture into the pasta. Top with cheese.
- Stir to mix well and ENJOY!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Let’s talk! I love to cook with fresh herbs. This recipe is hugely complemented by the fresh thyme. What fresh herbs have you cooked with before? I’d love to know!