Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry is a fun twist on your traditional stir fry. This recipe uses zucchini noodles as a base.
Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Chinese Food Meal
This my friends is a meal on a plate. YUMM! This Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry has a few elements. We have the zucchini noodle stir fry part. Then we have some delicious fried tofu.
To top off the plate, we have added in our favorite gluten-free egg rolls. With all this amazing taste on one plate, it just might be hard to handle it all.
How to Make Stir Fry with Zucchini Noodles
This entire meal doesn’t take long at all. But to save time, you can meal prep ahead of time. Save your chopped veggies in the fridge until it’s time to cook.
Here’s how I made my zucchini noodle stir fry.
This stir fry has the following veggies in it. Feel free to change it up and make it how you like it too.
- Olive oil
- Snow Peas
- Red Onion
- Sesame Oil
- Gluten-free soy sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Corn starch
- Block of extra firm tofu
Zucchini Stir Fry Directions
Here’s how I made it. You can find the complete directions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1. Spiralize the Zucchini
To start we spiralized our zucchini with our spiralizer. (affiliate ad link) While this may appear to be a hard task, it is not. I bought a $30 spiralizer (affiliate ad link) from Amazon and it gets the job done in a snap. If you watch the price on Amazon, it does go on sale!
If you still want to avoid this step, you can buy some frozen zucchini noodles. But it is so much more affordable to just make your own with the spiralizer.
2. Cut Up the Veggies
I prepared the bell peppers, the sugar snap peas, the rainbow carrots, and the red onion. I place them each into their own bowls (affiliate ad link) to help with the organization during the stir-fry process.
3. Press the Tofu
The next part of the step is that I press the tofu. If you have cooked tofu before or plan to cook it in the future you need to get a tofu press. I use the EZ Tofu Press. (affiliate ad link)
You simply place the tofu in-between the plates, twist the knobs and it squeezes out the liquid. By squeezing out the liquid your tofu will cook and taste better! I promise! It is a little secret, that I just had to share!
4. Prep the Sauce
Next, I prep the mouth-watering sauce that will be used on the stir-fry and the fried tofu. If you have any extra you can even dip your egg rolls into it! Speaking of egg rolls, let’s talk about those!
5. Heat Up the Egg Rolls
These amazing gluten-free vegetable egg rolls are the complement to any dinner, especially a stir-fry. The vegetable egg rolls are packed with vegetables, mung bean noodles and ginger.
The egg rolls are super hearty! We often have these with dinner or a late night snack! Once I found these at our local grocer in the frozen foods section, I haven’t let them go!
We’ve been enjoying these for quite a while now! As we all know, I LOVE the story behind the brand and Feed Good Foods has a great story. The now CEO Vanessa was a server in a NYC restaurant. The sous chef of that restaurant realized that she could not enjoy the food because it was not gluten-free. He asked her what she missed the most and he began to create dishes for her. Soon after the company was born!
Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry with Sesame Ginger Sauce
- Prepare and divide the zucchini, carrot, snow peas, bell pepper and red onion into individual bowls. Set aside.
- Mix together sesame oil, Bragg's, rice vinegar, corn starch, water, ginger and pepper flakes. Whisk together until smooth, set aside.
- Place your tofu in tofu press for approximately 10 minutes, turning knobs every couple of minutes.
- Prepare egg rolls per directions on box.
- Cut tofu into small 1 inch blocks. Heat 1 T of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry tofu until golden brown. Remove from heat. Place 2 T of sesame ginger sauce on the tofu. Stir to coat, set aside.
- Heat your wok to 325 degrees F. Or you can use a wok skillet on your range. Heat the remaining 1 T of oil in the wok.
- Add carrots to wok, stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and red onion, stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add snow pears and zucchini, stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Place zucchini noodle stir-fry on your plate, add the fried tofu and egg roll.
- Turn off heat and add sauce. Gently toss to coat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Thank you to Feel Good Foods for providing us the egg rolls for this post and for sponsoring the recipe. We truly enjoy your egg rolls and dumplings! So great to have a safe, tasty, gluten-free option! This post does contain affiliate links.
More Allergy-Friendly Zucchini Recipes
Looking for more allergy-friendly ways to cook zucchini? Try one of these yummy recipes: