Spinach Mushroom Lasagna - Delicious!
Spinach Mushroom Lasagna is a simple and delicious comfort food dish. It is a snap to prep and you'll be begging for a second serving of this fresh spinach lasagna!
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 1/2 c fresh basil sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 c fresh parsley
- 1 t garlic salt
- 1 t Italian Seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 c fresh mushrooms quartered
- 2 c fresh spinach
- 8 oz of uncooked lasagna from Explore Cuisine
- 32 oz of spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups or more of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish: additional basil cut into ribbons or parmesan cheese
In a medium bowl combine cottage mix, basil, parsley, garlic salt, Italian Seasoning and egg. Mix together and set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Saute the mushrooms until they soften and they are starting to shrink. Add in spinach to wilt.
Combine mushroom and cottage cheese mixture.
Using a 9X13 baking dish pour 1/3 of the sauce into the bottom. Add half the uncooked noodles, top that with 1/2 the mixture and 2/3 c of cheese. Repeat. You will end with a third layer of sauce.
Cover casserole dish with foil. Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes. Remove the foil after 35 minutes.
Garnish with remaining/additional cheese and basil. Let sit and rest for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
- For this recipe, I did NOT boil the noodles ahead of time.
- If you have a dietary restriction that requires you to avoid gluten then yes you need to use gluten free noodles. But if you can ingest gluten, you can use whatever noodles fit your dietary needs.
- Use any kind of mushroom you would like. If you have a favorite type or variety of mushrooms you can sub that in! Make this recipe your own!
- You can make this ahead of time. You can construct this recipe the day before and bake it the day after. Or you are welcome to bake the lasagna and then reheat it when you are ready to eat it.
- Let the lasagna stand 30-60 minutes after baking for it to “set” The dish will still be hot but it allows the sauce to thicken and makes cutting the lasagna pieces a whole lot easier!
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1284mg | Potassium: 607mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1888IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 2mg