Vegan Air Fryer Bacon
Vegan Air Fryer Bacon is one of my new favorite air fryer recipes. This air fryer bacon is easy and quick to make with minimal clean up. Vegetarians are rejoicing for this vegan bacon!
Servings 4 people
Whisk together your oil, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and cayenne pepper.
Gently slice the tempeh block into ¼ inch strips.
Place the liquids in a shallow bowl. Put tempeh strips into bowl to marinate. Let sit for 10 minutes. Flip tempeh strips and marinate again for 10 minutes.
Place tempeh strips into air fryer basket. (Do not crowd) Cook at 320 degrees F for 8 minutes. Flip over tempeh strips after 4 minutes.
- If you want crispy vegan bacon strips cook for 10-12 minutes.
- If the tempeh bacon sticks to the air fryer basket, that is okay. If it really bothers you, you can spritz with some spray oil.
- Marinating your air fryer bacon is key! Since we are using tempeh for this vegan bacon, we need it to marinate to soak up those delicious flavors. Do not skip this step.
- Do not over crowd your basket with this vegan bacon. Give each vegan bacon slice space.
- After you air fryer your first batch of vegan bacon, be sure to clean out the outer basket to help prevent any smoke coming from your air fryer.
- You can also put a little bit of water in the outer basket to prevent smoking.
- When making air fryer bacon, use a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of your air fryer basket for easy clean up.
- You can double batch this recipe as it keeps well. This vegan bacon works great to make vegan BLT’s. You can also crumble this air fryer bacon on top of baked potatoes or soup.
Calories: 579kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 592mg | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 3mg