Spanish Rice with Olives
Spanish Rice with olives in an easy dish that will compliment your next family dinner. This rice dish is baked in the oven, works as a side dish or as stuffing for a taco!
Servings 6 people
- 1 T oil of your choice to saute
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped (you pick the color)
- 1 cup of corn fresh or frozen
- 1 cup uncooked rice brown or white, you pick
- 1 cup of green olives
- 15 oz can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of HOT water
- 1 t chili powder
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and oil a large casserole dish.
Heat 1 T of oil in a pan and saute onion, bell pepper, rice and corn. (yes, I did say rice)
When onion is soft add olives, beans, tomato sauce, water and chili powder.
Pour into casserole dish, bake covered for 20 minutes.
Remove cover and bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until rice is cooked.
t = teaspoon
T = tablespoon
Enjoy the recipe!
Calories: 56kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 28.3mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.3mg