, This is a versatile dish, Spanish Rice with Olives, can be used as a main dish or as a side dish! We have used it mostly as a main dish! It is very filling and full of flavor! Its amazing to me how simple ingredients can produce such big flavors! We adapted a recipe from this recipe book to fit our dietary needs.
- 1 T oil (of your choice to saute)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (you pick the color)
- 1 cup of corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup uncooked rice (brown or white, you pick)
- 1 cup of green olives
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of HOT water
- 1 t chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and oil a large casserole dish.
- Heat 1 T of oil in a pan and saute onion, bell pepper, rice and corn. (yes, I did say rice)
- When onion is soft add olives, beans, tomato sauce, water and chili powder.
- Pour into casserole dish, bake covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until rice is cooked.
T = tablespoon
Enjoy the recipe!