Air Fryer Meatloaf
Air Fryer Meatloaf is a game changer. You can early make meatloaf in the air fryer much quicker than a traditional oven. You are going to love this air fryer meatloaf recipe.
Servings 6 people
To make your air fryer meatloaf, start with your protein in a bowl. The process is basically a dump and stir. The items can be added in any order.
Add the breadcrumbs. Fold in the onions. Add the spices.
Pour in the fresh diced parsley. Add the scrambled egg. Pour in the ketchup, mustard and liquid smoke. Stir well to combine.
Shape mixture into a loaf shape. Put air fryer meatloaf into the air fryer basket on top of parchment paper.
Air Fry for 20 minutes at 370 degrees F.
Remove the air fryer basket from the unit. Mix the glaze ingredients together. Spread the glaze on top of the air fryer meatloaf.
Return meatloaf back to the air fryer unit and continue cooking at the same temperature for 10-15 minutes. (If you are using meat, it needs to reach 165 degrees F minimum, use your meat thermometer).
Let air fryer meatloaf stand still for 10 minutes. This will help the ingredients to unify and it will help when you go to cut it.
Air Fryer Meatloaf Tips:
- You can add vegetables to this recipe. Nice additions are a ½ of diced carrots or ¾ c of diced bell pepper. If you enjoy mushrooms, you can also add those to your air fryer meatloaf. Just be sure that you diced them very small so they cook through.
- If you are wanting to make Paleo Meatloaf, you can sub out the breadcrumbs and sub in cassava flour or almond flour.
- Do not SKIP the “resting” part of this air fryer meatloaf recipe. You need to let the meatloaf sit and rest to cool down. This will help you cut into the air fryer meatloaf.
- Use a serated knife to cut your air fryer meatloaf into slices. This type of knife will help the meatloaf to not break apart when cutting.
- You need to check on your air fryer meatloaf every so often. You need to check to make sure it isn’t crisping too fast or burning. If you feel that the top of your air fryer meatloaf is starting to burn, you can place foil on top of the meatloaf to help with that. Be careful that you secure the foil so it doesn’t fly up into the air fryer’s heating area.
- Don’t try to rush this air fryer meatloaf recipe by increasing the temperature. Cooking at a lower temperature helps to keep the meatloaf moist.
- Cooking times may vary a little depending on how you shape your loaf.
Suggested Kitchen Equipment for Air Fryer Meatloaf:
What to serve with Air Fryer Meatloaf:
Air Fryer Meatloaf Questions:
Is meatloaf in an air fryer any different than in an oven? – Pretty much the big difference when comparing the two is time. You are going to spend far less time cooking your meatloaf in an air fryer vs cooking your vegetarian meatloaf in an oven. The texture will be very similar.
What type of protein should I use for my air fryer meatloaf? – You can use any type of protein that fits your dietary needs. You can use a vegetarian alternative, beef, pork, turkey or any combination of the above.
Can I use my own recipe for air fryer meatloaf? – Yes, you can. Use your own recipe for meatloaf and incorporate my cooking times/temp as a jumping off point!
Can I make this air fryer meatloaf egg free? – Yes, you can make egg free meatloaf. Simple use Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 64g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 1110mg | Potassium: 130mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 12mg