I have spent the last two decades+ making it my mission to create easy, tasty, vegetarian, and vegan meals for your dinner table! As a busy mom of two, I know the importance of feeding your family tasty, nutritious food the kids will actually eat!
Here is your official welcome to, Vegetarian Mamma. Here you will find inspiration for any meal with my hundreds of tried and true recipes! My recipes include step-by-step photos to help guide you through the cooking process.
How it all began…
I grew up eating meat but decided to make the switch to a vegetarian diet in 2005. Our children have been raised as vegetarians. We have also dealt with many food allergies, including life-threatening allergies in our family. In the past, we avoided all peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, gluten, and soy. Thankfully my children have outgrown many of their allergies.
As a child, I grew up cooking with my mom and my passion for food has never wavered. Cooking has always been a family activity.
When our youngest son was diagnosed with food allergies, my focus shifted to sharing allergy-friendly recipes and products. I personally carry a lot of anxiety when it comes to food, this stems from having a child with food allergies to my own food restrictions due to health reasons. So taking those lemons and making lemonade, I made it my mission to help other families who were living with food allergies.
What you’ll find here at Vegetarian Mamma
I am a huge fan of easy recipes that taste great. Time is precious and the less time we can spend in the kitchen, the more time we can spend with our families.
It is my goal to give you everything you need to recreate the recipes on this site. We have changed our recipe format over the years. Newer recipes contain detailed steps by step instructions, along with step-by-step photos to ensure you have all the information you need to recreate the recipes in your kitchen.
Fun Facts about Cindy
- I love food, travel, yoga, and all things hygge.
- I started my first site, Vegetarian Mamma as a way to answer the continuous question from friends and family “what do you eat as a vegetarian?
- My ideal day is spent in the woods, relaxing in nature with a glass of wine.
- I LOVE animals, especially cats!
- I do not work alone. I have learned that I can’t do it all myself, I have a wonderful team that helps with all of our sites.
- My ultimate goal is to slow my life down enough to enjoy and take in every moment, big and small!
I am not here to try to dictate what you should and shouldn't consume. You know your body, and your beliefs and you can act upon them.
Wondering about my gluten-free story? Check this out!
Take a peak at what others THINK makes Cindy Gordon special!
- Cindy Gordon has previously written for multiple name-brand websites (see graphic below)
- Published author in Gluten Free and More Magazine
- Conducts gluten-free and allergy-friendly education lectures
- Performs cooking demonstrations at Gluten Free expos (Gluten Free Food Allergy Fest)
- Has been a key speaker at gluten-free events
- Teaches marketing practices to brands in the food, travel, and sports niche.
Even more acknowledgments
- Featured in Business Insider's article: How to make perfectly crispy air fryer potato chips.
- Featured in Porch.com's article Creating Healthy Eating Habits at Home: Tips from the Experts
- KwikMed recognized Cindy Gordon for excellence due to her editorial contribution in the food allergy world.
- Featured as one of the best Vegetarian Blogs at FirstSiteGuide You can also learn how to start a blog with their Free Guide
- Previous Communications and Social Media Manager for FAACT
- Former featured monthly article contributor at MyLifeWithFoodAllergies.com
- Quoted as an expert resource in "Things to know about Columbus"
- Featured Contributor in the Don't Go Nuts ebook: Grateful Gatherings (it's free!)
- Featured on EveryDay Health: Healthy Moms Pitch In - Holiday Solutions for Kids with Diet Restrictions
- She was featured previously on Blog Nerds!
- Listed on the TOP 25 Mom Food Allergy Blogs for 2012, we were #4 out of over 100
- Former featured author at startglutenfree.com
- Listed in the TOP 25 Food Allergy Blogs by KwikMed
- Featured in Back to School Lunch Success for Kids with Food Allergies is posted over at Laptoplunches.com
- Featured on "Blogs We Love" over at Betterbatter.org
- Vegetarian Mamma has previously partnered with Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value!
- Healthy Eating: How to become a vegetarian is posted over at Mom It Forward
- Family Memories: Making special memories with your kids is posted over at Mom It Forward
- Mamma's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Recipe is featured at Mom It Forward
- Top 15 Gluten Free Mom Blogs on the web
- Featured in the Gluten Free Bloggers of the USA round up by MI Gluten Free Gal.