Cindy Gordon aka VegetarianMamma has been a recipe developer since February 2009. when she started this site. She brings her love for gluten-free recipes, travel, life and wellness to her readers.
About Vegetarian Mamma – just who in the world is she? 😉 Cindy Gordon is the face beyond the wildly popular blog, Vegetarian Mamma.
My name is Cindy, I am the owner and author of Vegetarian Mamma. My husband and I grew up eating meat but decided to make the switch to a vegetarian diet in 2005. Our children have been raised vegetarian. We have also dealt with many food allergies, including life-threatening allergies. In the past, we avoided all peanuts, tree-nuts, dairy, gluten and soy. Thankfully my children have outgrown many of their allergies. My youngest son and I both have to eat gluten-free and we are dairy sensitive. **In June 2016 my youngest son’s almond allergy came back! So we are currently avoiding almonds only.
Wondering about my gluten-free story? Check this out!
Do you love easy-to-make recipes? Maybe recipes that are gluten-free, vegetarian and/or allergy-friendly? Well then, you are in the right spot!
You can find those types of finger licking good recipes here! Right here on Vegetarian Mamma! You can also find information on products in the gluten-free, allergy-friendly communities.
This website is meant for everybody! If you are seeking information on recipes, products or just want to be part of a community, this site is for YOU!
While we do share some humor within our posts, we try to keep it classy and supportive of all who visit. We try to stay encouraging and welcoming.
While some recipes and products may not fit for some, they may be perfect fits for others. At Vegetarian Mamma, we are here to encourage one another and to keep things positive.
We are not here to try to dictate what you should and shouldn’t consume. You know your body, you know your beliefs and you can act upon them.
There are so many great reasons to read Vegetarian Mamma. All our recipes are free for you to view and to print. We often offer giveaways of gluten-free, allergy-friendly products so that you can try the products before you buy.
All the recipes you find on our site will be:
- almond-free (all but a free recipes are completely nut-free)
Many of the recipes will also be free of dairy and we have a large amount of vegan recipes.
How about credibility? Are we credible?
We will let you make that decision, but we do want to share that we have been blogging and developing recipes since 2009.
While we have had lots of successes, we have also had failures. We are real and we have nothing to hide. We learn each day! We are part of a community that wants to help and support each other.
Take a peak at what others THINK makes Cindy Gordon special!
- Cindy Gordon guest writes for multiple name brand websites (see graphic below)
- Published author in Gluten Free and More Magazine
- Attends numerous conferences annually.
- Conducts gluten-free and allergy-friendly education lectures
- Performs cooking demonstrations at Gluten Free expos (Gluten Free Food Allergy Fest)
- Has been a key speaker at gluten-free events
- Teaches marketing practices to brands in the gluten-free niche
Even more acknowledgements
- KwikMed recognized Cindy Gordon for excellence due to editorial contribution in the food allergy world.
- Featured as one of the best Vegetarian Blogs at FirstSiteGuide You can also learn how to start a blog with their Free guide
- Previous Communications and Social Media Manager for FAACT
- Former Featured featured monthly article contributor at MyLifeWithFoodAllergies.com
- Quoted as an expert resource in “Thing to know about Columbus“
- Featured Contributor in the Don’t Go Nuts ebook: Grateful Gatherings (its free!)
- Featured on EveryDay Health: Healthy Moms Pitch In – Holiday Solutions for Kids with Diet Restrictions
- Featured previously on Blog Nerds!
- Listed on the TOP 25 Mom Food Allergy Blogs for 2012, we were #4 out of over 100
- Former featured author at startglutenfree.com
- Listed in the TOP 25 Food Allergy Blogs by KwikMed
- Featured in Back to School Lunch Success for Kids with Food Allergies is posted over at Laptoplunches.com
- Featured on “Blogs We Love” over at Betterbatter.org
- Vegetarian Mamma dishes on Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value!
- Healthy Eating: How to become a vegetarian is posted over at Mom It Forward
- Family Memories: Making special memories with your kids is posted over at Mom It Forward
- Mamma’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Recipe is featured at Mom It Forward