What cereal brands are vegan? If you love cereal but are wondering which option is truly a vegan cereal, we have a comprehensive list for you!
A list of vegan cereals and answers to your questions about what cereals are vegan. This is list of vegan cereal brands will be updated regularly, but as always, be sure to check labels because ingredients and processing procedures can and often change.
We are no way responsible or liable for the food that you consume. Read the ingredient labels of the food you eat and make sure you understand what the ingredients are.
Many of the vegan cereals listed here are not gluten-free. If you need your cereal to be gluten-free and vegan, I suggest you compare this post with this informative Gluten Free Cereal Post.
Just like any typical American family, we love cereal! Did you know that there are plenty of vegan cereal brands out there? You just have to do a little research!
Interestingly, some vegan cereal is actually considered “accidentally vegan.” That means the manufacturer didn’t include any animal products and doesn’t market the vegan cereal as such.
WHAT CEREALS ARE VEGAN?
Here is a list of some different kinds of vegan cereal. Remember, not each one is gluten-free as well as vegan.
This is the list of vegan cereal brands at the time we wrote this post. Some of the cereals below DO contain Vitamin D3, which is obtained generally from an animal.
It is generally made from the fat of a lamb’s wool. For some vegans, this may be okay for you, but for strict vegans it is not. You can make the choice.
- 365 Every Day Value Organic Morning O’s
- Barbara’s Organic Corn Flakes
- Barbara’s Peanut Butter Puffins
- Barbara’s Original Puffins
- Cascadian Farm Organic Cinnamon Crunch
- Cascadian Farm Organic Graham Crunch
- Cascadian Farm Organic Fruiful O’s
- General Mills Fiber One Original
- Kashi Organic Island Vanilla
- Kashi Organic Strawberry Fields
- Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs
- Nature’s Path Lightly Frosted Amazon Flakes
- Nature’s Path Rice Puffs (no sugar added)
- Quaker Original Life
- Quaker Cinnamon Life
- Mom’s Best Cereals Safari Cocoa Crunch
- Trader Joe’s Crisp Rice
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouts Whole Grain Cereal
- Post Grape Nuts Cereal
GLUTEN FREE AND VEGAN CEREAL
- Nature’s Path Envirokidz Amazon Flakes (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Nature’s Path Envirokidz Cheetah Chomps (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Nature’s Path Envirokidz Choco Chomps (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Nature’s Path Envirokidz Gorilla Munch (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Nature’s Path Envirokiz Jungle Munch (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Nature’s Path Envirokidz Koala Crisp (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Nature’s Path Envirokidz Leapin’ Lemurs (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Nature’s Path Envirokids Panda Puffs (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Bakery on Main Gluten-Free Granola (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Bake to Nature Gluten-Free Apple Blueberry Granola (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Love Grown Comet Crispies (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Love Grown Polar Puffs (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Love Grown Sea Stars (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Nature’s Path Crunchy Maple Sunrise (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Freedom Foods Coco Crunch (Gluten Free + Vegan)
- Freedom Foods Tropico’s (Gluten Free + Vegan)
IS CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH VEGAN?
No, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is not vegan. Cinnamon Toast Crunch contains Vitamin D3 which is obtained from animals. If you’d like to make your own Vegan Cinnamon Toast Crunch, you can do so with this from scratch recipe.
ARE CHEERIOS VEGAN?
No, Cheerios are not vegan. Similar to other cereals in our question and answer section is is the vitamin D3 and possibly cane sugar that makes it not vegan.
ARE FRUITY PEBBLES VEGAN?
No, Fruity Pebbles are not vegan. Fruity Pebbles contains non-vegan ingredients along with some debatable “non-vegan” ingredients.
ARE RICE KRISPIES VEGAN?
No, Rice Krispies are not vegan. With that said, this is the Kellog’s brand, but there are other brands out there that make “Crispy Rice” cereal that is vegan and gluten free!
ARE FROSTED FLAKES VEGAN?
No, Frosted Flakes are not vegan. This is a tricky one because the only non-vegan ingredient is vitamin D3 which is sourced from animals. If you consume D3, then this cereal may be considered safe for you.
ARE FRUIT LOOPS VEGAN?
No, fruit loops are not vegan. Kellogg’s makes fruit loops in the United States and Australia but bot are considered not vegan.
IS CAPTAIN CRUNCH VEGAN?
Captain Crunch is a tricky one. Some consider Captain Crunch to be vegan and some consider it not to be. It has some questionable ingredients. Please do your own research on this one.
IS RAISIN BRAN VEGAN?
No, Raisin Bran is not vegan. Raisin Bran contains Vitamin D and it is questionable about the sugar source.
IS SPECIAL K VEGAN?
No, Special K is not vegan. Special K contains are milk ingredient.
ARE HONEY NUT CHEERIOS VEGAN?
No, Honey Nut Cheerios are not vegan. Honey Nut Cheerios contains Vitamin D3 as well as other ingredients that are non vegan.
ARE REESE’S PUFFS VEGAN?
No, Reese’s Puffs are not vegan. They along with many other cereals fall out of the vegan category because Vitamin D3 is an added ingredient.
IS CAP N CRUNCH VEGAN?
Kinda, Cap n Crunch is kinda vegan. This cereal appears to be accidentally vegan with no outstanding “dairy/animal” products listed in the original flavor, however at this time we are uncertain what is in the added flavors or colors. You will need to make your own decision for this one.
ARE COCOA PUFFS VEGAN?
No, cocoa puffs are not vegan. The product label contains ingredients that are obtained from animals. Another vitamin D3 culprit.
IS LIFE CEREAL VEGAN?
Yes, Life Cereal is vegan! Yay, we finally have a winner here! Glad to see Life Cereal is vegan!
ARE CORN FLAKES VEGAN?
No, Corn Flakes are not vegan. It joins the ranks of many other cereals on this list that contain Vitamin D3 and/or questionably sourced sugar.
ARE APPLE JACKS VEGAN?
No, Apple Jacks in the US are not vegan. It appears that the Apple Jacks made in Australia are vegan. The US Apple Jacks contain Vitamin D3.
INGREDIENTS THAT ARE NEVER VEGAN
Honey, milk and whey are commonly seen in products on our grocery stories shelves. If you see those three items in an ingredient list, the product is not vegan.
Additionally, if a product contains gelatin or vitamin D3, it is not vegan as both of those ingredients are obtained from animals.
Do you have a favorite vegan cereal that was not listed here? Drop us a comment below and let us know!