Egg and Hashbrown Casserole is an easy meal that will satisfy your weekend cravings for a delicious breakfast. Perfect for your family breakfast or brunch.
This delicious egg and hashbrown casserole is actually a remake and update from a previous recipe. You can see our Christmas Morning Casserole for the older recipe.
This casserole has been in our family menu plan for a long time. We make it often and even on special holidays. Sometimes we even get crazy and add in extra items, like beans or salsa! Today we are sticking to the basics!
I am a huge breakfast and brunch fan, especially on the weekends. I am eyeing up this Overnight Strawberries and Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal by A Mind Full Mom.
This recipe can easily be made dairy-free. We have made it that way as well. Just sub in your favorite dairy-free butter and dairy-free milk and you have yourself a dairy-free egg and hashbrown casserole! We also use all purpose gluten-free flour in this recipe but my extended family has made it with gluten flour and it has turned out great.
- 3 T butter
- 2 T All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t black pepper
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 4 eggs, hard boiled then diced
- 3 scallions, diced
- ¼ c fresh parsley
- Preheat oven at 350 and grease a 2 quart casserole.
- Melt 3 T butter, stir in flour, salt, pepper and blend until smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk, and stir until thickened.
- Add hash browns, eggs then stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with scallions and parsley, ENJOY!