Lazy weekend mornings are meant for delicious brunches. Try a delicious caramel apple French toast casserole this weekend!
Show your family how much you care by making this delicious gluten-free caramel apple French toast casserole. It is perfect for any time of the day. Whether you are brunching, having a sweet treat with your afternoon coffee or having a late night dessert after the kids go to bed, this recipe will make your taste buds dance with joy!
What Do I Need To Make This French Toast Bake?
- Gluten free bread
- Honey Crisp apples
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Caramel Topping
What Kind Of Apples Is Best For This French Toast Casserole?
This delightful recipe starts with juicy fresh apples. We chose the Honey Crisp variety for our recipe. Mott’s® Fresh offers many varieties of fresh produce at your local grocery, including
- Golden Delicious
- Red Delicious
- Granny Smith
- and Honey Crisp apples.
Here are a few tips from Mott’s Fresh about apples:
- Choose apples that are clear free of bruises or blemishes.
- Refrigerate your apples to make them last longer.
- Apples tend to absorb flavors from other foods, so be sure to keep them away from onions and garlic.
- Always wash your apples before consuming.
How Do I Make This Casserole Gluten Free?
As with all our recipes, this one is gluten-free. We used 8 cups of diced up gluten-free bread. We crisped them up in the oven for 12 minutes at 350 degrees F. This will give your casserole a more crunchy texture. If you do not like crunch, you can skip this step.
Once the breadcrumbs are crisped, toss them with the diced Mott’s Fresh apples and place into an oiled 9X13 pan.
How Do I Make This Apple French Toast Casserole?
Next, up is the egg mixture. Here I mixed 8 eggs, with milk and some spice. The scent of this mixture was amazing! I love adding spices into my recipes to uplift the flavor.
Pour the egg mixture over the top of the crisped bread crumbs and diced apples! You are almost ready to bake the casserole, but first we need to make the topping!
Again, simple ingredients coming together for a powerful flavor! We used butter, gluten-free flour, brown sugar and spices to make our topping!
Gently, distribute the crumble on top of the casserole. And guess what? It is time to bake!
Place your casserole in the oven and get ready to inhale those delicious smells that will be coming from the oven!
Casserole is done! Now it is time for the caramel. I heated my jarred caramel up so it would drizzle better. Once I heated the caramel, I drizzled it over the top of my casserole! The result = delicious and gooey!
Let’s get more specific! Check out this easy Caramel Apple French Toast Casserole! It is delicious!
Caramel Apple French Toast Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake diced gluten-free bread cubes for 12 minutes. Place your bread cubes into an oiled 9X13 baking dish.
- Dice apples but keep peels on. Be sure to deseed. Mix apples with bread crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 8 eggs, pumpkin pie spice and milk. Whisk until smooth and pour over bread crumbs and apple mixture.
- With a fork combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Mash with a fork to create a crumble style topping and place on bread/apple mixture.
- Bake casserole for 55 minutes in a 350 degree F oven.
- Remove from oven, pour jar of caramel on top of casserole and ENJOY!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me your favorite apple dish to make for your sweetheart! Leave a comment below!
Thank you to Mott’s Fresh for sponsoring this post. Good luck with the giveaway!
Hungry for more gluten-free recipes? Be sure to check out our recipe index. You can also visit our Amazon store to see our favorite gluten-free products and kitchen equipment! This post contains an Amazon affiliate link.