This my friends is a tangy rich treat! I just love dips! Dips of all kinds! Okay go ahead and make the joke, “yes, I am a dip too!” LOL Okay there, its out of our systems Moving on… I have really missed eating dip. I used to love Helva Good Dip, but it contains gelatin, among other things so we do not consume it! I found THIS RECIPE over at Adventures of Gluten Free Mom and knew I had to try it! You might remember that I featured it one week on my Favorite Recipe Finds!
We finally made the dip and it was great! Here is my adapted recipe below.
- Olive Oil - enough to caramelize the onions 1-3T
- 1 cup diced onion (be sure to dice VERY small)
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 1/2 cups Earth Balance Mayo (I used Earth Balance Olive Oil Mayo)
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t pepper
- Saute onions with olive oil.
- Continue to cook onions until they have caramelized. I had to stir frequently and it took about 12 minutes. Then transfer to a plate to cool.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients. When onions are cooled, add them to the mixture.
- Chill for a couple of hours. Serve!
Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom indicated that its best when chilled over night. I can't tell you because mine didn't last that long :) YUMMO!