Buffalo Tofu Bites will take your game day watching up a notch. These spicy vegetarian bites will have your mouth watering for more!
A Spicy Snack Everyone Will Want
Bring on the games, because we want to snack on these delicious and spicy buffalo tofu bites! Whoa, these little bites pack on the flavor!
Vegetarian Version of Spicy Wings
It has been on my mind for a while to work on creating some tofu wings, you know like chicken wings but vegan or vegetarian ones! YES, Tofu Buffalo Wings! It is really a thing! Instead of “wings” we made some bites!
Who said vegetarians can participate in buffalo styled foods? 🙂 These game day bites will be a hit! These tofu bites do have a little crisp to the outside and a softness to the inside. They aren’t your typical crispy buffalo tofu bites!
How to Make Spicy Buffalo Tofu Bites
The entire recipe is in the printable card at the bottom. But I have some tips and step-by-step pictures to show you first.
#1 Use the EZ Tofu Press
To prep for our Buffalo Tofu Bites we first had to press our tofu using the EZ Tofu Press! YES, its my fav kitchen gadget!
Every time I talk about the EZ Tofu Press, I share that it is something I didn’t know that I needed. Now that I have one, I will never be without!
This device gets so much liquid from my tofu which allows it to cook up better!
We LOVE the EZ Tofu Press!
#2 Fry the Tofu
The next part of this easy Buffalo Tofu Bite recipe is to fry the tofu. I gave it a light fry to help crisp it up! I did sprinkle it with a little bit of cornstarch as well.
#3 Add the Sauce
Then we are going to add in the sauce. I chose a Franks Wing Sauce for mine. On the Franks website it lists that all of the sauces are made without gluten.
I mixed the sauce with some oil and some honey to take out some of the spice. This girl is a wimp when it comes to spice!
Want to make your own Homemade Buffalo Sauce? Check out this recipe from Veggie Balance!
These are perfect for game day!
#4 Stir it Together
Gently stir the tofu pieces to coat it with the sauce mixture. You want to make sure that each piece is covered in the sauce mixture!
These are going to be some tasty buffalo tofu bites! I wonder if you can handle the heat?
#5 Bake Them in the Oven
Line a lipped baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sauce covered bites onto the baking sheet!
Preheat the oven! Bake those bite-sized pieces in the oven at 400 degrees F! You aren’t going to see the golden brown color that tofu often makes when cooked, but you will see the hot sauce being absorbed!
The sauce will absorb into the tofu bites and the bites will crisps up slightly. Midway during the bake, flip all the buffalo tofu bites, so they cook evenly!
It is time to watch the game and eat! Serve up your Buffalo Tofu Bites with a side of ranch dressing and some celery! I also garnished mine with some torn up parsley! I think you will enjoy this recipe!
Buffalo Tofu Recipe Time!
Buffalo Tofu Bites - featuring the EZ Tofu Press
- Using your EZ Tofu Press, press the tofu for 10 minutes.
- Remove tofu and cut into small bite sized tofu cubes.
- Gently sprinkle with cornstarch.
- Heat frying oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Fry on each side 3-5 minutes or until all bites are golden and crispy.
- In a small bowl, mix together buffalo sauce, remaining oil, and honey. Whisk until blended. Pour over tofu and gently stir to combine.
- Place tofu bites onto a lipped baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Flipping the bites once at the 5 minute mark.
- Remove from oven, plate and serve with ranch and celery.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
See I told you that was easy!
Want to learn more about tofu? Here are some helpful resources.
- Understanding Tofu – a beginner’s guide – Learn more about how tofu is made (even try it at home if you like!) and what the different types of tofu mean.
- Benefits of Tofu – Read about the health benefits of adding tofu into your meal plan.
- 4 Simple Ways to Cook Tofu – Here I teach you exactly how to cook tofu in for different and easy ways.
- Tips for Grilling Tofu – Bonus! One more amazing way to cook tofu that’s perfect for warm weather.
More Tofu Recipes
Here are some of my favorite ways to make tofu.
- Tofu Scramble
- Tofu with Spanish Rice and Beans
- Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry with Sesame Ginger Sauce
- Chickpea and Kale Stir Fry
- Kid Friendly Tofu Bites
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me if you like spicy foods! Have you tried buffalo cauliflower or buffalo tofu bites before?
*A huge thank you to EZ Tofu Press for sponsoring this post! It does contain an affiliate link to Amazon.
PIN for later: