Buffalo Tofu Bites will take your game day watching up a notch. These spicy vegetarian bites will have your mouth watering for more!
BUFFALO TOFU BITES RECIPE
Bring on the games, because we want to snack on these delicious and spicy buffalo tofu bites! Whoa, these little bites pack on the flavor!
We are making a vegetarian version of spicy wings!
It has been on my mind for a while to work on creating some tofu wings, you know like chicken wings but vegan or vegetarian ones! YES, Tofu Buffalo Wings! It is really a thing! Instead of “wings” we made some bites!
Who said vegetarians can participate in buffalo styled foods? 🙂 These game day bites will be a hit! These tofu bites do have a little crisp to the outside and a softness to the inside. They aren’t your typical crispy buffalo tofu bites!
INGREDIENTS IN BUFFALO TOFU BITES
Extra Firm Tofu - This recipe calls for one block, pressed well and cut into cubes.
Cornstarch - Adding cornstarch to the tofu before frying makes the crispiest tofu.
Oil - for frying, and also to add to the sauce. Use any mild flavored oil that you like.
Buffalo Sauce - What would buffalo bites be without buffalo sauce? I used Frank's RedHot Sauce which is a traditional Buffalo flavor and is gluten free.
Honey - This is optional, but I really like to add a bit of sweetness to my buffalo sauce with honey.
Fresh Parsley - To garnish you plate.
Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing - For dipping
Celery Sticks - Optional, but a delicious and traditional buffalo wing side.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE SPICY BUFFALO TOFU BITES
- Press your tofu using the EZ Tofu Press. You can read more about why I love mine below.
- Cut tofu into bite sized cubes and sprinkle with cornstarch. Fry in oil as directed in the recipe card below.
- Remove tofu bites from the pan and place into a bowl. Add a mixture of buffalo sauce, oil, and honey to the tofu.
- Stir gently to combine everything together and coat each piece of tofu in the buffalo sauce.
- Place the sauced tofu bites onto a lipped baking sheet lined with parchment paper (for easy clean-up)
- Bake as directed. Serve with ranch dressing and celery sticks.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
HOW TO SERVE BUFFALO TOFU BITES
It is time to watch the game and eat! Serve up your Buffalo Tofu Bites with a side of ranch dressing and some celery! I also garnished mine with some torn up parsley! I think you will enjoy this recipe!
TIPS FOR COOKING BUFFALO TOFU BITES
These saucy tofu bites are not quite as crispy as our plain Tofu Bites, but they are packed with flavor. Baking the tofu in the oven allows the tofu to absorb every bit of that yummy buffalo sauce for a spicy bite that you will love.
Adding a bit of honey to the sauce allows some caramelization to happen too, which is absolutely delicious. I just love the mix of spicy and sweet flavors coming together.
Remember to press your tofu really well. The dryer it is, the more it will crisp up and the more sauce it can absorb.
HOW TO PRESS TOFU
There are two ways to press tofu. You can use a Tofu Press or you can press your tofu by balancing heavy objects on top of it.
I prefer the tofu press method. It has been almost a decade that I have been using the EZ Tofu Press. I use it weekly and it continues to do an amazing job!
The EZ Tofu Press takes the liquid out of your firm or extra firm tofu easily, quickly, and with less mess than using plates and cans. This press utilizes simple mechanics and quality materials to ensure that it’s long-lasting and easy to use.
HOW LONG TO PRESS TOFU
Want to learn more about tofu? Here are some helpful resources.
- Understanding Tofu – a beginner's guide – Learn more about how tofu is made (even try it at home if you like!) and what the different types of tofu mean.
- Benefits of Tofu – Read about the health benefits of adding tofu into your meal plan.
- 4 Simple Ways to Cook Tofu – Here I teach you exactly how to cook tofu in for different and easy ways.
- Tips for Grilling Tofu – Bonus! One more amazing way to cook tofu that’s perfect for warm weather.
MORE TOFU RECIPES
Here are some of my favorite ways to make tofu.
Tofu Scramble is an excellent breakfast recipe that's like a very familiar scrambled egg dish.
Tofu with Spanish Rice and Beans is filling and flavorful, perfect for any day of the week.
Kid Friendly Tofu Bites are simple, pan fried tofu cubes that little fingers love to snack on.
*A huge thank you to EZ Tofu Press for sponsoring this post! It does contain an affiliate link to Amazon.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @VegetarianMamma on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Facebook Groups: Tasty Vegetarian Recipes and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Buffalo Tofu Bites - featuring the EZ Tofu Press
- Using your EZ Tofu Press, press the tofu for 10 minutes.
- Remove tofu and cut into small bite sized tofu cubes.
- Gently sprinkle with cornstarch.
- Heat frying oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Fry on each side 3-5 minutes or until all bites are golden and crispy.
- In a small bowl, mix together buffalo sauce, remaining oil, and honey. Whisk until blended. Pour over tofu and gently stir to combine.
- Place tofu bites onto a lipped baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Flipping the bites once at the 5 minute mark.
- Remove from oven, plate and serve with ranch and celery.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.