Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato is a delicious side dish to compliment any meal. Just pop the sweet potatoes in the air fryer and you’ll have a sweet treat in no time.
While you can make sweet potato fries in the air fryer, we are talking about a whole sweet potato in the air fryer today! There are so many things you can make in the air fryer and potatoes are one of my favorites!
I honestly feel like most people overlook the sweet potato. It’s just not given a fair shake in the foodie world!
Just like the air fryer baked potato, these air fryer sweet potatoes are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside! Oven cooking will not yield this crispy of a sweet potato!
WHAT IS AN AIR FRYER?
It is a countertop appliance that will soon win your heart over! It is basically a smaller (the inside of it) type of convection oven that moves very hot air around.
The circulating air cooks your food quickly and evenly. I am guessing that you have probably seen an air fryer infomercial or two!
While smaller inside than a convection oven, the outside is often typically the size of a toaster oven or slightly smaller. Many people buy air fryers to use when camping in their RV or even for cooking “stinky” foods (think air fryer broccoli) outside.
How to cook sweet potatoes in the air fryer
Wash and dry the outside of each sweet potato.
Using a fork, poke holes into the sweet potato. Rub potatoes with oil
Put sweet potatoes into air fryer basket. Cook at 390 Degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
Top with cinnamon and butter…enjoy.
Can you put a sweet potato in the air fryer?
Yes, you can! You can cook it just like you would a baked potato.
Can you eat sweet potato skin?
Yes, the skin of a sweet potato is edible. It also has some nutritional value.
How do I clean my air fryer?
That is a great question and it will vary by model. I honestly get this question a lot!
For our power fryer Xl and Cosori Air Fryer we have a removable inner basket. So we can hand wash each basket individually.
It is listed on the new ones in the instruction manual that the basket is dishwasher safe. Be sure to check your manual.
How to clean your Air Fryer – Step by Step
- Unplug your air fryer from the outlet. While this might seem like common sense, it is worth mentioning as it is very important.
- Let your air fryer completely cool down. There is no need to immediately clear your machine right after use. It is dangerous and you can easily burn yourself!
- Wipe the outside of your oil less fryer with a damp cloth. The cloth should be wet enough to gently wipe away food or grease but it should not be dripping with moisture.
- Remove the basket container. Your basket should have two parts. Be sure to remove the inner basket from the outer basket, when cool. Gently scrub each basket with soap and water. Many new air fryer models have dishwasher safe baskets!
- If the inside of your air fryer is dirty, you can wipe it down with a damp sponge.
- Check the heating element of your fryer. You might need to gently turn the machine upside down to easily see and access the air fryer heating element. You can use a damp sponge to clean or a soft brush.
Side note: If you are in the market for an air fryer, I recently created a post about the best air fryers on the market. The post is based off of reviews from friends, family and online consumers! Be sure to check out the best air fryers on the market!
More Tasty Air Fryer Recipes to Enjoy:
More Air Fryer Help
Looking for vegan air fryer recipes? We have some of those too! You can even check out our YouTube channel for some air fryer videos.
Still don’t have an air fryer of your own? Be sure to check out our air fryer reviews from several of the top models out there. You’ll be whipping up free air fryer recipes in no time!
Want to learn more about Air Fryers? Check out our Air Fryer 101 post! Having an Air Fryer is great but may also mean that you have a ton of questions as well.
We have some great tips for using your air fryer! Be sure to check out our Common Air Fryer Mistakes post so you are avoiding common problems when using your air fryer.
Pin this air fryer baked sweet potato recipe for later:
Vegetarian Air Fryer Resources – We have a vegetarian air fryer newsletter, which you can subscribe to here. We also have a specific vegetarian air fryer recipes group on facebook. You can find that Veg Air Fryer FB Group here.
If you are looking for vegetarian recipes beyond air fryer ones, we have a Vegetarian Newsletter as well as a Vegetarian Recipes facebook group. This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
- Air Fryer Calculator (convert oven recipes to air fryer)
- Common Air Fryer Mistakes
- Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet
- Can You Put Foil in the Air Fryer
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- Tips for Your Air Fryer
- Cosori Air Fryer Reviews
More Air Fryer Goodies:
- Meat + Veg Newsletter
- Air Fryer Recipes – Facebook Group (large + fast paced – meat/veg)
- Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors – Facebook Group
- Gluten Free Air Fryer Recipes – Facebook Group
- Air Fryer Eats – Facebook Group (slower paced)
Here are your directions for air fryer sweet potatoes
Air Fryer Sweet Potato
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 T oil
- salt, pepper, cinnamon, sugar, butter optional
- Wash and dry the outside of each sweet potato.
- Using a fork, poke holes into the sweet potato. Rub potatoes with oil
- Put sweet potatoes into air fryer basket. Cook at 390 Degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Top with cinnamon/sugar and butter...enjoy.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Let’s talk! Do you love sweet potatoes? I do! Have you tried them in the air fryer yet? Drop me a comment below.