Chocolate Covered Pickles are a unique food combination that is oddly so delicious. This unusual sweet and salty combo will become your new obsession.
Chocolate Covered Pickles Recipe
We fully admit that when you are hungry, you probably do not reach for some chocolate covered pickles. But let’s face it, it does combine two of the best things: Sweet and Salty.
Chocolate Covered Pickles have been around for quite some time. They gain popularity around St. Patrick’s Day. Recently, chocolate covered pickles have been getting some press, and quite frankly people are quite opinionated about it! Most people are surprised at how much they actually like chocolate covered pickles!
Why You Will Love These Chocolate Covered Pickles
- This is a unique snack that combines sweet and salty. Honestly, they are perfectly sweet from the chocolate with a kick of salt from the pickle. A combination that is highly addictive!
- It is super easy to make, it is even kid friendly! Your kids will love to help make this fun snack!
- There are minimal ingredients in this recipe, chances are you probably already have the ingredients on hand.
Tips and Tricks for Chocolate Covered Pickles
- Ice, Ice Baby - Keep the pickles cold! These do not do well if they get warm!
- Variation - instead of sea salt, you could add red pepper flakes or sprinkles for a dash of color.
- Shape - you can use pickle slices, pickle rounds and whole pickles! If you’d like to cover the entire pickle in chocolate, when using whole pickles, poke a cocktail stick into one end of the pickle and use this to dip it into the chocolate.
Other Recipes With Pickle Ingredients
Love your air fryer? Be sure to check out our sister site, Air Fryer Eats!
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
Chocolate Covered Pickles
- Gather your ingredients.Thoroughly dry the pickle slices with paper towels. This will help the chocolate to stick.
- Place the pickle slices in a bowl and sprinkle over the sugar. Toss to coat the pickles and leave for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between. Then stir through the oil.
- Dip the pickle slices halfway into the melted chocolate, then place them onto some parchment paper. If adding flaky sea salt, sprinkle this over while the chocolate is still melted.
- Put the chocolate covered pickle slices in the fridge for about 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.