Balsamic Tofu and Mushrooms is a beautiful dish that brings a satisfying earthy flavor to your dinner table. This is an easy weeknight meal.
*We recently remade this recipe so that we could update the photos. It is still the same delicious recipe but updated photos. If you’d like to see the before pictures, you can view them at the end of the post!
We are huge fans of tofu at our house. We love to play around and see the fun and simple creations that we can make with tofu.
This balsamic tofu and mushrooms dish was super easy to make and very tasty! The mushrooms add an earthy taste to the dish and the balsamic adds some delicious flavor!
To make this dish we first pressed our tofu. Pressing your tofu is important, did you know that? I didn’t at first, but throughout the years I’ve come to realize the need for pressing your tofu!
So why do I love the EZ Tofu Press? Check this out:
Mushrooms are fungi! So they are in a space all their own, set apart from plants and animals. The body of a mushroom stores nutrients. Mushrooms are nutritious. They are a good source of B vitamins. It is said that they rank the highest among vegetables when it comes to protein.
Pin for later:
- Using your tofu press, press the tofu then slice into planks.
- Whisk together balsamic, italian seasoning, garlic salt and onion granules.
- Marinate tofu planks in balsamic marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place planks on a lightly oiled lipped pan. Top with mushrooms. Place under broiler. Each broiler will vary, my tofu was cooked with 5 minutes on each side.
- Plate your tofu and mushrooms, garnish with parsley if desired.
Did you make this recipe?Be sure to snap a picture and post it to Instagram with the hashtag #VegetarianMamma! I love seeing our recipes being recreated!
Thanks to EZ Tofu Press for sponsoring this tofu recipe and the giveaway! This post contains amazon affiliates.
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me your favorite recipe using tofu!
pin for later: