Tofu can be tricky to cook. Air Fryer Tofu is a delicious recipe and method for getting a crunchy outside and a soft inside of your tofu bites.
The Air Fryer is a GREAT way to cook many things and tofu is one of them! We often eat tofu in our house.
It is a quick and easy meal that the entire family loves. Even the kids. It is a great source of protein for us.
I’ve been playing with the Air Fryer and found that it can cook up tofu in a SNAP! Before I do anything with the recipe, I always press my tofu. I do this with my EZ Tofu Press.
I’ve talked about the press many times before.
I have played with cooking Air Fryer Tofu and I have found that when I add in a secret ingredient, it makes the tofu even crisper! Any guesses about what the secret ingredient is?
It is not gluten-free flour but corn starch. YES, it helps to create a delicious crispy outer coating! For this recipe I mixed some corn starch and some smoked paprika.
Then I seasoned with salt and pepper! I gently tossed with my hands to coat.
Next up, toss those tofu chunks into the Air Fryer basket!
Ready for this easy peasy recipe?
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, pressed
- ¼ c cornstarch
- 1 T smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- After pressing the tofu, cut into squares or little bite sized pieces.
- Mix the cornstarch and smoked paprika together then sprinkle over tofu.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put into Air Fryer basket.
- Set temperature for 370 Degrees F. Turn on the Air Fryer for 12 minutes. (You may need to add a few minutes if you like crisper tofu)
- Every 4 minutes remove the basket and "shake" to stir up the tofu. Every air fryer is different, be sure to monitor how it is cooking.
*If your tofu is not crisping, consider adding time to your cook time. Just add in small amounts and remember to shake*
*If you are getting a chalky feeling to your tofu, be sure you are pressing the tofu for at least 10 minutes before hand in a tofu press. Then you can also lessen the amount of corn starch :)*
Hungry for more gluten-free main dish recipes? Be sure to check out our recipe index.
You can also visit our Amazon store to see our favorite gluten-free products and kitchen equipment! This post contains an amazon affiliate link.
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me if you’ve ever used an Air Fryer. What do you think you’d cook first?