How do you cook tofu in an air fryer? Tofu can be tricky to cook, but don't let that stop you!
Air Fryer Tofu is a delicious recipe and a simple method for getting a crunchy outside and a soft light inside for all your airfryer tofu bites.
AIR FRYER TOFU BITES RECIPE
If you've been following me and reading some of my other air fryer recipes, then you know that I truly love using the Air Fryer. If there was ever a doubt of skepticism from me about if I would love the appliance or not, it's 100% gone now.
The Air Fryer is a GREAT way to cook many things and tofu is one of them! You can serve this Air Fryer Tofu with some air fryer broccoli or air fryer corn.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE AIR FRYER TOFU
- Air fryer tofu is easy to make!
- The health benefits of tofu are numerous!
- You can season it with the spices you enjoy!
- You can adjust the cook time to get your personal desired texture of the tofu!
- It makes dinner a snap!
INGREDIENTS IN AIR FRYER TOFU
Extra Firm Tofu - Pressed to remove any extra moisture and cut into cubes.
Corn Starch - this is the thing that helps the tofu cubes crisp up with that beautiful crust.
Smoked Paprika - The flavor of this spice is so good on everything. I love the barbecue vibes I get from it.
Salt and Pepper - to season your tofu properly
Oil - This is optional, but a little bit of spray oil can help with the crispiness.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
AIR FRYER TOFU TIPS AND TRICKS
- Always press your tofu!
- Check in on your tofu while it's cooking. Adjust cook time as needed. This is not a set and forget recipe.
- Want more flavor? Crank up the spice measurements and add in additional spices!
- Use oil to crisp up your tofu! Spray oil directly on tofu chunks when you "shake" the basket mid way through cooking.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER TOFU
Vegetarian Instant Pot Baked Beans go well with the smoked paprika flavors of this tofu.
Air Fryer Green Beans or Air Fryer Broccoli would be a perfect veggie side dish.
Use these instructions to make your favorite vegetarian Frozen Dumplings in the air fryer. I even have instructions for how to make Frozen Pierogies in the air fryer.
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
Air Fryer Tofu
- 1 block of extra firm tofu pressed
- 2-3 T cornstarch
- 1 T smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- Press your tofu to help remove extra liquid.
- After pressing the tofu, cut into squares or little bite sized pieces.
- Mix the cornstarch and smoked paprika together then sprinkle over tofu.
- Season with salt and pepper. Put into Air Fryer basket.
- Set temperature for 370 Degrees F. Turn on the Air Fryer for 12 minutes. (You may need to add a few minutes if you like crisper tofu) Your air fryer tofu is almost ready!
- Every 4 minutes remove the air fryer basket and "shake" to stir up the tofu. Every air fryer is different, be sure to monitor how it is cooking.
- Enjoy your air fryer tofu!
Air Fryer Tofu Tips:
- Be sure to press your tofu before adding your cornstarch and paprika.
- Be sure to coat your tofu on all sides so it cooks evenly.
- Be sure that you are using a firm or extra firm tofu for this recipe.
- Be sure to "shake" your air fryer basket during the cooking so that your tofu turns and cooks on all sides.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
We recently updated the photos in this post. The day we originally took these it was quite dark outside (ugh rain clouds!) So we gave them a fresh look! But here is a sneak peak at the old ones!
I love how easy this is! I made it tonight and loved it. I added garlic powder as well
Hello! Thanks for coming back and letting us know! That helps other readers too!
This was so delicious. I've made it three times now!
Yay Trudy, that is great to hear!
This recipe was SUPER good!!
Thank you Joan!
I did not like the taste of this, but it was crunchy. I love crunchy
HI Tricia, glad it had the crunch factor for you. You might try adding in some spices that you enjoy to the mixture. That may help you with the taste. Tofu can be pretty bland but it does a great job of absorbing any spices or marinades you add to it 🙂
I just had to let you know that I tried this, and it turned out perfectly! I didn't think it would be as crispy as your photos show, but boy - your tip about spritzing with oil worked for me! I'll definitely be making this again.
perfect baseline recipe. i cut tofu into small triangles, and marinated it in soy sauce + maple syrup + smoked paprika + garlic powder + hot sauce + liquid smoke + MSG to make smokey,savory bacon-y tofu. then i followed your instructions and used olive oil spray. then chilled and added to a veggie-ful macaroni salad. it was absolutely perfect.
i had made air fryer tofu in the past and it never turned out how i had hoped, but this recipe nailed it. thank you so much!
Hello Rosie! Thank you for leaving a comment, so glad this recipe nailed it for you! I love your additions too!! Super YUMMM!