Buffalo Tofu is the spicy, tangy tofu recipe your family will love! Make your own Buffalo sauce with just 4 ingredients to coat this crispy air fryer tofu that's ready in less than 30 minutes.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS BUFFALO TOFU RECIPE
- Minimal Ingredients - I've got a million ways to make tofu up my sleeve, but Buffalo Tofu is one of my all-time favs! You only need two ingredients to make this air fried tofu, and another 4 pantry staples to make the luscious buffalo sauce.
- There are several ways to make buffalo tofu. You can bake it, you can sauté it, but I love making tofu in the air fryer! It's so crispy in just a few minutes.
- Tofu is a great option for a meatless meal, but it can be intimidating if you've never worked with it before. The EZ Tofu Press takes the liquid out of your firm or extra firm tofu easily and quickly. Seriously, this machine does all the hard work for you!
INGREDIENTS IN BUFFALO TOFU
Tofu: Tofu is my favorite alternative protein! It's packed with protein and all 9 essential amino acids.
Oil: You need just a little oil to help the cornstarch stick to the tofu bites.
Cornstarch: My secret to super crunchy tofu is cornstarch! A little on the outside of the cubes gives it that perfect fried texture without all the frying.
Buffalo sauce: You only need Frank's Red Hot Original hot sauce, melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder for homemade Buffalo sauce. If you're on a plant-based diet, try my vegan Buffalo sauce!
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
MORE YUMMY TOFU RECIPES
The beauty of tofu is you can literally use it for anything! Add this baked tofu to your favorite salad or have it for a super simple weeknight dinner.
Going vegan doesn't mean losing all your favorite flavor profiles. Tofu bacon is the perfect BLT substitute to keep it plant-based.
Yay you have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
- EZ Tofu Press
- Gallon ziplock bag
- Air Fryer
- Press the firm tofu for 12 minutes. Cut tofu into cubes.
- Put tofu cubes into gallon ziplock bag with oil and cornstarch. Shake to evenly coat tofu.
- Set air fryer to 370 degrees F (180 degrees C). Air fry tofu in a single layer in air fryer basket for 12 minutes.
- While tofu is cooking, mix together buffalo sauce ingredients.
- When tofu is done, put cubes into sauce bowl and stir or toss to coat. Serve with celery sticks.
- For crispier tofu, add a few minutes.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.