This simple yet delicious Vegan Apple Crisp is the perfect holiday dessert! The crunchy oat topping and sweet cooked apple filling goes great on every table.
I LOVE desserts, but during the holidays, it’s hard to eat a rich, decadent dessert after a huge meal! Luckily, this Vegan Apple Crisp brings all the dessert I need and none of the heaviness, dairy, or excess breading!
This gorgeous vegan dessert is similar in shape to apple pie but has no crust — just a rolled oat and pecan topping filled with cinnamon and sugar deliciousness.
Need another dairy-free dessert for the family? Try this gluten-free Cherry Delight with a soft cheesecake filling piled with cherries but no milk!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN APPLE CRISP
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Wash and core your apples.
- Next, dice your apples! I like leaving the skin on, but you can also peel them before dicing.
- Then, mix your rolled oats, chopped pecans, sugar, cinnamon, and maple syrup for your crisp topping in a large bowl.
- Pour apple filling mixture into the bottom of your greased pie tart dish. Then, add the crisp topping. Bake for about 50 minutes or until the top is slightly browned and the filling is bubbly. Enjoy!
WHICH APPLES TO USE FOR VEGAN APPLE CRISP
Cooked apples are such a delicious treat, on their own or in a dessert, and a lot of that goodness comes from the type of apple you use.
In this recipe, I recommend a blend of green and red apples to balance the tart and the sweet. With the green apples, I prefer the lovely Granny Smith, but Golden Delicious also works you don’t like things to be tart.
For the red apples, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, and Gala are all great options. Have one of each? Try them all!
HOW TO SERVE VEGAN APPLE CRISP
This vegan dessert is great on its own! It doesn’t have a crust, so it’s more scoop and serve than slice and serve. What it lacks in traditional beauty it more than makes up for in delicious fall, apple flavor.
Have some dairy-free vanilla ice cream? Try this a la mode like apple pie!
More vegan holiday recipes to try:
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Double Chocolate Puppy Chow
- Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
- Gluten-free Chocolate Haystacks
- Vegan Strawberry Frosting
- Air Fryer Apple Crisp
Vegan Apple Crisp
- 2 mixing bowls
- Pie tart pan
Apple Crisp Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Dice apples into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix apple crisp filling ingredients. Pour mixture into greased pie tart pan.
- In another large bowl, mix together the crisp topping ingredients. Pour mixture over the apple mixture.
- Bake for about 50 to 55 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve warm. Enjoy!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.