Malibu Sunset is a refreshing, delicious, and beautiful cocktail that is super easy to make! It is the perfect fruity, tropical drink for any time of year.
What makes this Malibu Sunset so good?
- It's EASY! This Malibu Sunset is super duper easy to make, just a few simple layers make the drink look very fancy!
- A Fun Cocktail with a Twist: This Malibu Sunset (sometimes called a Malibu sunrise) is actually a twist on a Tequila Sunrise. Instead of tequila, we'll use coconut rum! The Malibu softens and sweetens the taste of the cocktail with some fruitiness.
- It only has a few simple ingredients! And those ingredients taste like a beach vacation! Feel free to add a cocktail umbrella to your drink, close your eyes, and pretend that you're in your favorite tropical place.
If you enjoy the sweet fun of Malibu coconut rum, make sure you try my Malibu Barbie drink recipe next!
Tips and Tricks for this Malibu Sunset
- Go slow. Don’t be nervous about the layers in this cocktail, just pour slowly! We like to pour each ingredient in towards the side of the glass.
- Using orange-pineapple juice is a great shortcut, but if you prefer, use half orange juice and half pineapple juice instead.
- Try fun garnishes. You can garnish this Malibu Sunset with maraschino cherries, orange wheels, and pineapple wedges!
- Do not stir the cocktail because you will blend the colors together.
- Keep it cold. We like to ice (fridge or freezer) the Malibu ahead of time so it's very cold!
- Don't forget to mix up some Kiddie Cocktails for the little ones.
Other cocktail recipes To Enjoy
- Pink Starburst Cocktail
- Grateful Dead Drink
- Gummy Bear Shots
- Vodka Sidecar
- Mermaid Water
- PBJ Shots
- Samarian Sunset
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
- rocks glass
- Add the orange juice/pineapple juice blend to your glass. (We use a rocks glass)
- Then add the coconut rum.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the glass.
- Add the grenadine (it will settle to the bottom).
- Top the glass off with ice.
- Garnish with a cherry and the lime slices.
- Pour in each ingredient slowly so that the ingredients stay layered.
- It's also important not to stir the drink!
- Instead of orange-pineapple juice, you can use half orange juice and half pineapple juice.
- Keep Malibu rum in the freezer so that it's nice and cold when you're ready to make your drink!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.