Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup is a delicious and easy meal that you can quickly create for your family! Pair with a salad and rolls and you are set!
We are HUGE soup fans at our house! No matter the time of the year! I love this simple to make Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup.
It can easily be made on the stove too. You can check out our Potato Leek Soup recipe for stove top directions!
As you know, we recently joined this Instant Pot craze that is happening, we were a little late to the game but we are quickly coming up to full speed.
I am amazed at all the things that I have been able to cook in my Instant Pot. Have you gotten one yet? You can make all sorts of meals in it!
Even breakfast! Check out this Instant Pot Pumpkin Oatmeal by Meaningful Eats! You have options for breakfast, lunch and dinner with the Instant Pot!
One thing that I’ve learned with my Instant Pot Recipes is that while it says it takes 12 minutes for your Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup, it does take a touch longer.
You see, when you use the Pressure mode, it has to come up to pressure. THEN the 12 minutes starts to tick away.
Then once your 12 minutes has stopped you have to release the pressure and THEN it is time to eat.
Not hard, I think sometimes people think it is actually quicker than it really is. However, it still is quicker than the stove top method!
I bet you are getting hungry! Let’s check out this recipe and see JUST how easy it is! I bet you won’t be able to believe it!
- 2 T butter or olive oil
- 2 large leek, white and pale green parts, sliced thinly
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups of veggie broth
- salt and pepper to season and fresh parsley to garnish
- Turn on the SAUTE feature of your Instant Pot. Melt the butter and saute the leeks.
- When leeks are soft add in the potatoes and broth.
- Turn your Instant Pot to Manual, then HIGH pressure and set for 12 minutes. After the 12 minute timer is complete, carefully use the steam release to remove the pressure.
- Place into bowls, season with salt and pepper and parsley.
I told you that was easy! Looking for other allergy-friendly recipes?
Let’s talk! Do you have an Instant Pot? Have you made soup yet? If you haven’t gotten an Instant Pot what is holding you back? For me, it was price but they finally went on sale! SCORE!
** This post contains an affiliate link to amazon