Fluffy, sweet, perfectly spiced, and fortified with real pumpkin puree, this recipe for Pumpkin Whipped Cream is the best ever!
It takes less than 5 minutes to whip up this amazing seasonal pumpkin spice dessert topping. Get ready to smother your cupcakes, coffees, or pies with extra creamy pumpkin flavor.
Why This Pumpkin Whipped Cream Recipe is So Good
- This whipped cream has real pumpkin in it, not just pumpkin spice. It's thick, rich, and perfect!
- Just 5 ingredients in the recipe mean that it's simple to whip this up. Pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice saves time, but you can use your own blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and ginger if you prefer.
- Homemade pumpkin whipped cream is WAY better than the whipped topping you can buy at the store. It's made with real ingredients and you can control the amount of sugar and spices if you need to.
Try pumpkin whipped cream on this pumpkin french toast for a double pumpkin breakfast treat!
Tips and Tricks for Making Pumpkin Whipped Cream
- I don't recommend whisking this pumpkin whipped cream by hand unless you have really amazing upper body strength! Aside from being tiring, it will take a very long time to make pumpkin whipped cream with a hand whisk. Use an electric mixer or your stand mixer instead.
- Be careful not to overwhip the whipped cream. The cream will start to curdle and turn into butter if you go past the stiff peaks stage. If you're using a stand mixer, don't walk away from it!
- Buy the right pumpkin. At the grocery store, you'll find two different types of canned pumpkin. One will say "pie filling". That's the wrong one. Buy the can labeled "pure pumpkin" instead.
- You can use homemade pumpkin puree in this recipe, but be sure that you've strained it and blended it well so that there are no lumps or stringy bits left.
- For a vegan option, use full-fat coconut cream in place of the heavy whipping cream.
What To Do With Pumpkin Whipped Cream
Use pumpkin whipped cream anywhere you'd use "regular" whipped cream! Try it on pumpkin pancakes, on top of a pumpkin spice latte, or on a bowl of vanilla (or pumpkin) ice cream.
Of course, pumpkin whipped cream will go perfectly with your holiday Pecan Pie recipe.
I also promise that I won't tell anyone if you want to enjoy this yummy treat right out of the mixing bowl with a spoon.
More Pumpkin Recipes
We have tons of pumpkin recipes that are sure to make your Autumn the best ever. Try these:
- Pumpkin Bisque
- Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Easy Pumpkin Syrup (plus a sugar-free version)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
Yay, you have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
Pumpkin Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream chilled
- ⅓ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add the heavy cream, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice to a mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, whip for 3-4 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- The powdered sugar in the recipe stabilizes the whipped cream and will allow you to store it in the fridge for 2-4 days.
- Use cold ingredients, and chill the mixing bowl too. This helps the cream whip up faster.
- Don't overwhip, this will cause the cream to curdle and start turning into butter!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
I. Love. Pumpkin. EVERYTHING!
So much so, I'm going to be turning into one with all your delicious recipes! Lol.
I love how easy this cream was to make.
Thank you so much!
Delicious! I made this keto/sugar free with sugar-free powdered sugar in my whipped cream maker. I'll be putting this on my pumpkin spice coffee and the pumpkin spice ice cream I'm making next!
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment & review, Amanda! I'm glad you loved it 🙂