The best Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte is the one you make at home with real pumpkin puree, warm spices, maple syrup, and your choice of milk. This tasty drink will be ready in 5 minutes, exactly the way you like it.
Why This Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe is So Good
- Pumpkin Spice Season is Here! I like a pumpkin spice latte in March just as much as I like one in September, but we all know that iced pumpkin spice lattes are the must-have drink of the Fall season. Be ready with this easy recipe. You will also want my recipe for the hot version: VPSL (vegan pumpkin spice latte).
- Less Sugar. If you have had a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks or any other coffee shop, you know that they are typically really sweet. Honestly, too sweet for my tastes. This recipe is sweet, but not overly so, and you can adjust the sweetener to make it perfect for you.
- Real Pumpkin. Pumpkin is good for you, and coffee shop pumpkin lattes don't even have any real pumpkin in them! This recipe includes pureed pumpkin and all-natural ingredients.
- Tips and Tricks. I'll teach you how to make the best and easiest iced pumpkin spice latte at home, and I'll tell you how I make the pumpkin syrup ahead of time so I can make lattes all week long.
Make sure you check out my recipes for Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake and a Pumpkin Bread that is so delicious you'll never need to go out for a slice again! I found this recipe for pumpkin s'mores bars that I think you'll like too.
Tips and Tricks for Making The Best Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Coffee or Espresso. While freshly brewed espresso is a must for a traditional latte, you don't need to stress if you don't have an espresso machine. This recipe works with real espresso, instant espresso, really strong brewed coffee, or even your favorite cold brew.
- Any Milk Works! Use regular dairy milk, or your favorite non-dairy milk to make your latte. I find that oat milk froths up the best if you want to make a super creamy vegan pumpkin spice latte.
- Sweetener Options: It's best to use a liquid sweetener when you're making iced lattes. Granulated sugar will have a hard time dissolving in cold liquid. Maple syrup is my choice, but you can also use honey or agave in this drink.
- Make Ahead Tip. You can make a Pumpkin Syrup that includes all of the ingredients here except for the coffee and milk. Keep it in the fridge so you're ready to make pumpkin spice lattes any time!
- Use a Handheld Frother. This little inexpensive gadget makes being an at-home barista easy and fun!
More Coffee Drink Recipes
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 shots espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or simple syrup or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk or non-dairy milk alternative
- ice cubes
- whipped cream for topping
- Add the espresso, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to a mug or jar. Use a frother to mix together or shake a closed jar vigorously until combined. Set aside.
- Add the milk to a separate mug or jar. Froth until foamy.
- Add ice cubes to a large glass, then pour the espresso mixture over the ice.
- Top with the frothed milk.
- If desired, garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Serve immediately.
- Two shots of espresso is about 2 ounces of espresso. You can also use instant espresso mixed with hot water to make the espresso if you do not have an espresso maker. Strong brewed coffee can also be used.
- This is a moderately sweetened iced latte. If you like your drinks sweeter, add an additional tablespoon of maple syrup.
- I like to use maple syrup in this recipe or another liquid sweetener because it combines easily with the other liquid ingredients. Granulated sweeteners like white sugar, brown sugar, etc. do not combine with milk as easily.
- Use unsweetened pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling, which has additional sweeteners already added to pumpkin puree.
- This recipe makes one large iced latte. You can easily double or triple this recipe as needed.
- In place of the pumpkin, vanilla, spice, and syrup in this recipe, replace it with 2-3 tablespoons of our homemade Pumpkin Syrup.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Delicious and perfectly spiced!
Thanks for the recipe. It's one of my favourite coffee shop treats - even better now that I can have it at home 🙂