The Bootlegger drink was made famous in Minnesota! One sip and you will quickly fall in love with this minty-lemon-lime combination!
What makes this Bootlegger Drink so good?
- You will quickly fall in love with this minty-lemon-lime combination the Bootlegger Drink provides!
- This drink is mega refreshing and perfect for summer sipping!
- People all over love this drink, especially those in Minnesota where it is said to have been created! Cheers to that!
Tips and Tricks for this Bootlegger Drink
- I like my bootlegger cocktails on the sweeter side! If you prefer a more sour drink, add one extra lemon and one extra lime, or reduce the amount of sugar from ½ cup to ⅓ or ¼ cup— depending on your taste preferences.
- Once you get the hang of making simple syrup, try making peach simple syrup or raspberry simple syrup for other tasty cocktails!
- The vodka can be substituted for gin or bourbon (try a Gin Mojito!) or left out entirely for a nonalcoholic variation.
- Serve with a straw! It makes the perfect way to stir this Bootlegger Drink and to drink it!
- If you have a high-speed blender, you can use it to finely blend the mint. It will make the texture much smoother!
More Easy Drink Recipes
- Mermaid Water Drink
- Vodka Sidecar
- Blue Motorcycle Drink
- Ron Ron Juice
- Sex on the Beach
- Cosmo Cocktail
For the Mint Syrup
For 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces mint syrup
- 2 ounces vodka
- Club soda enough to fill the glass
For the Mint Syrup
- Make a simple syrup: Combine ½ cup of water and ½ cup of granulated sugar in a small saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar has fully dissolved— about 5 minutes. Remove the simple syrup from the heat and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Juice lemons and limes.
- Transfer the simple syrup, lemon juice, lime juice, and mint leaves to a blender, along with the remaining 1 cup of water. Blend until the syrup is well combined and the mint is finely chopped— about 30 seconds on high speed.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- One batch of syrup will make about 8 cocktails. You can store the syrup in the fridge for up to four days.
For the Cocktail
- Pour 2 oz of the mint syrup into a cocktail shaker or highball glass.
- Pour 2 oz of the vodka into a cocktail shaker or highball glass. Stir to combine. ( If using a cocktail shaker, transfer the mixture into a highball glass.)
- Fill the cup with ice and top club soda.
- Garnish with a wheel of lemon and sprig of fresh mint, if desired. Enjoy immediately.
- This recipe makes enough simple syrup to make 8 bootlegger cocktails. Each individual drink uses 2 ounces of the syrup and 2 ounces of vodka.
- The vodka can be substituted for gin or bourbon— or left out entirely for a nonalcoholic variation.
- I like my bootlegger cocktails on the sweeter side! If you prefer a more sour drink, you can add one extra lemon and one extra lime, or reduce the amount of sugar from ½ cup to ⅓ or ¼ cup— depending on your taste preferences.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.