These Gluten-Free Lemon Cookies are so easy and delicious with so much lemony flavor! Make them vegan with one simple swap for a chewy, crunchy cookie everyone will love.
GLUTEN FREE LEMON COOKIE RECIPE
Spring has sprung, and all the bright and fruity desserts are back! These Gluten-Free Lemon Cookies are one of my favorites because they're so easy but packed with juicy lemon flavor. Don't forget the poppy seeds for a great look and even better crunch.
GLUTEN FREE LEMON COOKIE INGREDIENTS
Almond flour: I keep most of my baking gluten-free. To do this you can use almond flour. It also gives everything a slight nuttiness your family may love!
Sugar: You can use granulated sugar, coconut sugar, or monk fruit sugar for these gluten-free cookies! Mix it up and find out which is your fav.
Egg white: I go back and forth between using an egg white or swapping it for aquafaba from a can of chickpeas. It's the only thing you need to change to make these gluten free lemon cookies vegan, too!
Lemon: I use lemon juice and lemon zest to make these cookies super bright and lemony.
Poppy seeds: The extra crunch and fun presentation makes the extra poppy seeds worth it.
Vanilla extract: You can't have cookies without vanilla extract. It's the perfect baked flavor in a bottle.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE LEMON COOKIES
- First, preheat your oven and prep all your ingredients.
- Then, beat the egg white with a hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Now, mix the almond flour, sugar, lemon zest, poppy seeds, lemon juice, and vanilla extract together in another bowl.
- Next, fold the almond flour mixture into the whipped egg whites gently.
- To make evenly sized cookies, use a cookie or ice cream scoop to measure dough balls. Flatten them slightly with the back of your hand.
- Finally, bake! Cookies will have golden brown edges. Let them cool completely before eating.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GLUTEN FREE LEMON COOKIES
Did you know you can make gluten-free cookies in the air fryer? It's true! These chewy double chocolate cookies are so good and ready in a flash.
Start the morning off right with a moist slice of gluten-free pumpkin bread. Miss Starbucks pumpkin bread? You won't after trying this!
Make a cookie spread with these copycat gluten-free tagalongs. Nothing beats these homemade Girl Scout cookies decorated for every occasion.
CAN YOU FREEZE LEMON COOKIES?
I love making these vegan lemon cookies because they're great to freeze!
They'll last a few days at room temperature, but you can freeze them up to 3 months. Just thaw and enjoy a yummy citrusy cookie any time you want!
VEGAN LEMON COOKIES
These gluten-free cookies are also vegetarian, but it's so easy to make them vegan!
To make these cookies vegan, simply ditch the egg white and swap for 1 tablespoon aquafaba or make a flax egg. Both are great vegan binders that don't mask the bright lemon flavor of these gluten-free cookies.
MORE EASY GLUTEN-FREE RECIPES
Add a little extra zing to your Christmas cookies with these lemon cranberry cookies! They're totally gluten free and dusted with powdered sugar for the perfect holiday look.
Quit worrying about store-bought croutons and make your own gluten-free croutons in the air fryer!
I love this decadent cherry delight recipe because it's so easy to make but tastes just like cheesecake.
Who doesn't love donuts? Make these air fryer donut holes with gluten-free cereal for a fun treat the kids can make, too.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @VegetarianMamma on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Facebook Groups: Tasty Vegetarian Recipes and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Gluten Free Lemon Cookies
- Electric mixer
- 2 mixing bowls
- Baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- Use an electric mixer to beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine almond flour, sugar, lemon zest, poppy seeds, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Fold almond flour mixture into egg white gently with a spatula.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out a bit of the dough and place cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten dough slightly with your hand.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Let cookies cool completely before eating. Enjoy!
- To make recipe vegan, swap egg white for 1 tablespoon aquafaba or 1 flax egg.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.