Skip the Starbucks line and make your own vegan pumpkin spiced latte at home! You only need 6 basic ingredients to make this latte recipe — and no fancy equipment required!
VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICED LATTE RECIPE
Coffee is a requirement in my life, and sometimes I like to dress it up!
These vegan pumpkin spiced lattes are so easy to make but feel so decadent and fancy! You only need a few basic pantry staples to add to your espresso. No expensive espresso machine is required for this latte recipe!
Fall is made for all things pumpkin, so why not add a little to your coffee? This latte recipe has both pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice for that perfect pumpkin pie flavor in liquid form!
INGREDIENTS IN VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICED LATTE
Non-dairy milk: I usually use almond milk for my latte, but cashew milk, coconut milk, oat milk, or even soy milk works, too!
Pumpkin puree: Be sure to use 100% pumpkin puree if you buy the canned version. You can also roast your own sugar pumpkins and make pumpkin puree at home.
Maple syrup: This adds the perfect plant-based sweetness to the glass. If you prefer a different sweetener, use it, but I love the fall flavor of maple syrup.
Vanilla extract: Everything is better with vanilla extract! It adds that subtle richness of vanilla with just a couple of drops.
Pumpkin pie spice: This blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves adds that perfect fall spice to the mix. You can use any store-bought blend or make it yourself.
Espresso: You don't need any fancy equipment to make espresso. You can use a moka pot or Areopress for espresso, and these makers are less than $30! You can also use strong brewed coffee, too.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES
- First, add the alt milk, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup to a sauce pot.
- Then, stir together until it's fully combined over low heat. Whisk liquid for a few minutes until the milk is hot but not boiling.
- Now, remove the pot from the heat, and add vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix spices into the milk mixture until everything is incorporated.
- Whisk the milk mixture until frothy and bubbly. This will take a few minutes. You can whisk by hand or use a milk frother.
- To make the lattes, divide the espresso into 2 mugs.
- Then, pour the frothed pumpkin spiced milk over the espresso slowly.
- I like to serve mine with an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice for extra flavor. Yum!
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES
Nothing pairs with a creamy coffee latte better than a crumbly coffee cake! Add this simple icing drizzle over the cinnamon streusel topping for the best sweet breakfast treat that's perfect for holiday mornings.
This tofu scramble looks JUST like scrambled eggs but is actually a great vegan breakfast alternative with the benefits of turmeric! Whip this up for brunch or as the base of a breakfast burrito!
Add some sweetness to your fall brunch menu with this super easy caramel apple French toast casserole. Assemble it the night before for an easy breakfast casserole recipe.
WHAT IS THE BEST NON-DAIRY MILK FOR LATTES?
You don't need dairy milk to make a frothy latte, I promise! It's all about the whisking.
I usually use almond milk in my coffee, so I often froth it for lattes, too! Oat milk is also a great option, so is soy milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk.
Whatever you use, be sure you whisk it for multiple minutes to get that extra bubbly topping.
OTHER VEGAN LATTE RECIPES
I LOVE lattes. Iced or hot, coffee or tea, I love them all equally.
This Iced Chai Tea Latte is a cold drink packed with sweet, warm spices! It's the perfect way to enjoy a chai latte on a warm day, or any time you're craving this spicy drink. This latte is dairy free, vegan, and amped up with a shot of espresso.
If you love matcha, you have to try this iced matcha latte. It's so refreshing and beautiful, too!
This turmeric coffee latte is great for fall mornings when you want a little nutrition in your coffee, too.
MORE AMAZING EASY RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
Vegan panna cotta is so decadent and creamy with just 6 ingredients and no gelatin! This amazing chocolate dessert comes together in just a few minutes to impress at your next party.
Air fryer donuts are bite-sized balls of dough and sugar with less fat than traditional donuts! This cinnamon sugar coating makes them irresistible.
This Spirulina smoothie is a great choice for a quick and easy breakfast! It is loaded with nutrients and is also vegan and gluten-free.
If you have a hard time deciding between pumpkin pie and cheesecake, these pumpkin-maple cheesecake bars are meant for you!
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @VegetarianMamma on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Facebook Groups: Tasty Vegetarian Recipes and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- Sauce pot
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk almond, oat, cashew, or coconut
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 shots espresso or ½ cup very strong coffee
- In a medium saucepan, add non-dairy milk, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup.
- Whisk and heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until milk is hot, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Continue whisking until frothy.
- Divide the hot espresso between 2 mugs.
- Pour the pumpkin spice milk mixture over the top of each mug. Serve with an additional sprinkle of pumpkin spice if desired.
- If you do not have an espresso machine, you can use ½ cup very strong coffee in its place. You can also use instant espresso powder mixed with boiling water.
- I like oat milk or almond milk for this recipe, but you can use your favorite non-dairy milk. If your milk is already sweetened, you may want to cut back on the maple syrup in the recipe.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
I think you've just saved me hundred's of dollars! This recipe was better than Starbucks too.
Yay!!! So glad you loved it!!