Creamy, savory, bright, and tangy, this homemade Lemon Garlic Aioli checks all the right boxes! It's easy to mix up this flavorful sauce for all of your dipping needs.
Why This Lemon Garlic Aioli Recipe is So Good
- This semi-homemade recipe doesn't require you to make a mayo from scratch! You just choose your favorite already prepared mayonnaise (vegan mayo works!) and add in fresh flavor from garlic and lemons.
- Because this recipe is so simple, you can have lemon garlic aioli mixed up in less than 10 minutes. You can eat it right away, but it's really best if you wait an hour to let the yummy flavors meld and develop.
- Lemon Garlic Aoili is the perfect dipping sauce or topping for so many things! I love dipping carrot sticks and french fries into this creamy sauce, or using it to top a veggie burger.
Tips and Tricks for making Lemon Garlic Aioli From Scratch
- Make sure that the garlic is very finely minced or ground. The best tool for this job is a microplane grater. You can also make do with a garlic press or a mortar and pestle. The key is to make sure that there aren't large chunks of garlic in the dip.
- Use fresh ingredients to make homemade aioli. Since there are only a few ingredients in this recipe, it's important that they are all delicious. Fresh lemon and fresh garlic will give you amazing flavor, so don't take any shortcuts here.
- Use the microplane to zest the lemon too! Make sure that you remove the zest from the lemon before you juice it, since it's quite difficult to zest a lemon that you've already cut in half.
- Use your air fryer to make french fries or sweet potato fries to go with this sauce! Tater tots are also tasty dipped in lemon garlic aioli.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LEMON GARLIC AOILI
If you run out of ideas, here are my favorite recipes to enjoy with a tangy, creamy dipping sauce:
MORE DELICIOUS SAUCE AND DIP RECIPES
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Use a microplane to grate the garlic very finely. You can also use a garlic press or a mortar and pestle to grind the garlic to a paste.
- Add the garlic to a bowl with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and ground black pepper.
- Whisk until combined and the garlic is evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld. Serve with fries or on your favorite sandwich or veggie burger!
- Use fresh ingredients. The flavor of the garlic and lemon are the stars of this recipe, so be sure to choose real, fresh versions of both.
- Use your favorite vegan mayo if you like. Any type of prepared mayonnaise can be used here.
- It's important that the garlic is ground very finely for aioli. The easiest way is to use a fine rasp grater, like a microplane.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.