This roasted brussels and carrots dish makes the perfect colorful side for your dinner table. Whether it is a holiday or a simple Sunday dinner, this dish will be a pleaser!
Simple ingredients coming together for big flavor! Sometimes, the simpler the recipe the bigger the flavor. That is the case with this dish. I just LOVE roasting vegetables!
Chop, roast, eat. I am telling you it doesn’t get any more simple!
If you are making this around the holidays, you can enlist the help of your kids for this recipe. They can easily peel back the outside leaves on the brussels of needed. If your kids are older, they can help chop and cut the vegetables!
- 1 small bag of brussels (about 4 cups)
- 5 large carrots
- ½ c shallots
- 1 T oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash all vegetables. Cut the ends off the brussels and slice in half.
- Peel carrots and slice into 2-3 inch strips.
- Peel and cut shallots into 1 inch strips.
- Place on a roasting sheet, mix with 1 T oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 400 F for 20 minutes.