Tofu with Spanish Rice and Beans – This double protein dish (tofu + beans) packs a fun punch of flavor with smoked paprika as the seasoning.
This dish came about after I was researching recipes that used smoke paprika.
This double protein dish (tofu + beans) packs a fun punch of flavor with smoked paprika as the seasoning. Tofu with Spanish Rice and Beans is a family favorite at our house!
Beans and Rice is a Classic Combination for Vegetarians and Vegans
Not only is a plate of beans and rice filling, but it’s nutritious as well, containing protein, vitamins and minerals to fuel your body. Adding tofu to the mix makes it a very filling and protein rich meal. The great thing about all three of these items is that they are a blank slate for flavor! Rice, beans, and tofu will all take on the flavor of your dish beautifully as they don’t have strong flavors on their own.
Looking for more Tofu Recipes? We have plenty here!
Find ALL of our Tofu recipes in the Recipe Index.
Do you know about the Health Benefits of Eating Tofu?
Tofu is Low Fat with Zero Cholesterol
A single serving of tofu contains only about 4 grams of fat, compared to 19 grams in a serving of chicken breast. Tofu also has zero cholesterol and contains isoflavones which work to reduce the amount of cholesterol in our bodies, thus preventing heart disease.
Tofu is a Complete Protein
Soy is a complete protein, which means that it contains all of the amino acids that you body cannot create on its own. Fish, meat and dairy products are also complete protein sources, but if you don’t eat those things, tofu is an excellent choice to make sure your body is getting those amino acids.
Get This Easy Recipe!
Tofu with Spanish Rice and Beans
- 1 package of extra firm tofu cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced (you pick the color)
- 3 cups of cooked rice you pick your favorite kind of rice
- 1.5 cups of tomatoes I prefer fresh romas
- 1.5 cups of kidney beans
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t smoked paprika more or less to taste
- 1/2 t chili powder more or less to taste
- In a hot skillet saute the cubed tofu until its brown. Set aside.
- Saute onion then add bell pepper.
- When onion and pepper are soft stir in remaining ingredients (except cooked tofu). Cook for 10-15 minutes. If your mixture becomes dry, try adding a bit of water.
- Add your cooked tofu and serve.