This Vegan Banana Bread is super moist and packed with flavor! Make this gluten-free bread for breakfast, snacks, or even dessert. Perfect for breakfast on-the-go.
VEGAN BANANA BREAD RECIPE
I am a sucker for all things bread. Start your morning with a hot cup of coffee and this super moist and flavorful Vegan Banana Bread! This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes because it's filling, a little sweet, and so easy to make!
When life gives you brown bananas, make banana bread! I keep this recipe super simple with bananas, gluten-free flour, sweeteners, and leavening agents. Make it even sweeter with vegan chocolate chips or more fruits.
INGREDIENTS IN VEGAN BANANA BREAD
Bananas: When you have brown bananas, it is a sign to make this banana bread recipe! The best bananas for banana bread are brown on the outside but still yellow and creamy on the inside.
Brown sugar: I love the extra richness of molasses in brown sugar. Buy it at the store or make your own at home!
Oil: You can use canola oil or vegetable oil for this vegan banana bread recipe. It makes the loaf extra moist!
Non-dairy milk: Choose your favorite alternative milk! I typically use almond milk or oat milk, but soy milk and milkadamia are great, too!
Maple syrup: This is my favorite vegan sweetener.
Flour: I keep my banana bread gluten-free with a gluten-free all purpose flour.
Baking powder: I use two leavening agents for this banana bread recipe.
Baking soda: For extra rise, baking soda makes the fluffiest banana bread without nuts.
Vanilla extract: If you love cakes and cookies, you love vanilla extract!
Salt: Even sweet treats need a little salt to balance the flavor.
Apple cider vinegar: This helps get a great fluffy banana bread loaf. Plus, it adds a little apple flavor for a super yummy gluten-free bread.
If you have any questions about vegan banana bread, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BANANA BREAD
- First, prep your ingredients, preheat the oven, and grease a loaf tin. I also use parchment paper for a perfect banana bread every time!
- Then, mash the peeled bananas with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the brown sugar, oil, milk, maple syrup, flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, and apple cider vinegar to the bowl.
- Now, mix the ingredients together with an electric hand whisk until well combined.
- Transfer the banana bread mixture to the prepped loaf tin. Bake until the loaf is crunchy on the outside and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Before slicing the vegan banana bread, let it cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire cooling rack. I prefer to slice it as I eat it to keep the loaf super fresh.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for the best vegan banana bread, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH VEGAN BANANA BREAD
I love banana bread with a hot cup of coffee. This Oat Milk Latte is a delicious, easy to make morning drink that will make you feel like you are drinking a fancy coffeeshop beverage!
Prefer a cold iced coffee? Mason Jar Cold Brew is a quick and easy way to make homemade Cold Brew Concentrate. No need to buy expensive cold brew, when you can make it at home.
Looking for another sweet vegan breakfast treat for brunch? Vegan Coffee Cake is so easy to make! Add this simple icing drizzle over the cinnamon streusel topping for the best sweet dish.
WHAT CAN I USE IF I DON'T HAVE EGGS FOR BANANA BREAD?
This vegan banana bread recipe does not use any egg replacements! The egg makes the bread fluffy and have a great rise. Instead, I use baking powder, baking soda, and apple cider vinegar.
In most of my vegan baking recipes, I use a flax egg. The beauty is it only takes 2 basic ingredients and a few minutes to set. You can even make it the night before!
DO BANANAS HAVE TO BE OVERRIPE TO MAKE BANANA BREAD?
Whenever I have overly ripe bananas I forgot I bought, I take it as a sign to make this banana bread recipe. But can you use fresh, yellow bananas for banana bread?
In short, you can, but it will not be as good. As a banana ripens, the starchy fruit becomes more sugary. The sweeter the bananas are, the better your bread will be!
Bananas can have totally brown peels and still be perfect for banana bread. The bananas will still be yellow but much easier to mash.
MORE YUMMY VEGAN RECIPES
Need a seasonal option? Vegan Pumpkin Bread is a quick and easy gluten-free bread that everyone will love for fall! If you miss Starbucks pumpkin bread, you won't with this delicious vegan recipe.
Vegan Air Fryer Oatmeal Cookies have never been easier or more delicious! These cookies are sweet, chewy, and packed with raisins. They're also gluten free, so perfect to serve to any crowd.
These Vegan Biscotti are crunchy, chocolatey, and perfect for the holidays! Add orange zest and dried cranberries to the gluten-free cookies for a festive breakfast treat or afternoon snack.
Want a vegan breakfast recipe that feels fancy? Try these Vegan Crepes! They are fluffy, smooth, and easy to make savory or sweet.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @VegetarianMamma on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Facebook Groups: Tasty Vegetarian Recipes and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Vegan Banana Bread
- Large mixing bowl
- Loaf pan
- Wire cooling rack
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ¼ cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and line a large loaf pan.
- Peel the bananas and add them to a large mixing bowl. Mash thoroughly with a fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix with an electric hand whisk until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to your lined loaf pam and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
- Leave the banana bread in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
This is the best gluten free banana bread!!! Obsessed