Easy Apple Cake is perfect for those moments when you want a sweet treat but do not want to slave over making a cake from scratch. This cake has less than 10 ingredients.
This cake holds a lot of happy memories for me. It is a simple cake that that my husband would often make. Before kids we would eat this cake regularly. It was full of wheat and nuts. Times have changed since we originally were eating this cake.
I am happy to report that we have adapted this cake to be gluten-free and nut-free. I hope that you enjoy this cake as much as we do!
This cake uses fresh apples. That is the secret weapon of flavor in this cake! You can honestly use any type of variety of apple in this apple cake. We have become quite accustomed to use Granny Smith apples in our easy apple cake!
Our kiddos especially like the sourness that apple brings to this dessert.
This recipe also has some gluten-free butterscotch chips in it. These can be very tricky to find. Please note that if you need this easy apple cake to be gluten-free, you need to make sure that your butterscotch chips are gluten-free. If you can’t find, you can easily omit them from the recipe!
If your diet allows you to eat nuts, I would highly recommend checking out this Maple Almond Earl Grey Tea Cake Loaf by Cotter Crunch. Her recipes are amazing!
- 1½ c oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 c sugar
- 3 c all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 t soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 T cinnamon
- 3 cups sliced apples, not peeled but sliced very thin
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (optional)
- Mix oil and eggs together. Then fold in sugar into mixture. Stir gently until mixed and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Once mixture is blended well, add in your apples and butterscotch chips if you wish.
- Pour into a lightly oiled bundt pan and bake for 20 minutes in an oven heated to 370 degrees F.
- After 20 minutes has passed, turn over down to 350 degrees F and bake for 40 more minutes.
- Let cool and serve!
Hungry for more gluten-free dessert recipes? Be sure to check out our recipe index. You can also visit our Amazon store to see our favorite gluten-free products and kitchen equipment! This post contains an Amazon affiliate link.
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me what variety of apple you would use in this recipe! What is your favorite kind?