Out at the campsite and need an easy way to prepare your dinner? Foil Packet Cooking is a simple way to prepare a delicious meal. Grilled Potatoes and Vegetables will be a crowd pleaser.
Cook Vegetables in Foil Packets
When your garden is busy producing delicious vegetables, this is a great way to use them up!
This simple and delicious foil packet cooking recipe involves a couple of veggies and some potatoes!
Veggies to cook in foil packets
- yellow squash
- green beans
- bell pepper
- red onion
- red potatoes
YES, the perfect combination!
Oh yes and you need to make sure that you season with some salt and pepper! Let's fire up the grill!
Looking for more gluten-free recipes? You can check out our recipe index for more easy, yet mouthwatering recipes! You might also love our Sweet Corn Pudding, Roasted Carrots and Brussels and our Ranch Mashed Potatoes.
How to Cook Veggies In Foil Packets on the Grill
The best way to make grilled veggies is in these foil packets. They all cook evenly without getting burned. And their flavors meld together perfectly.
To cook veggies on the grill, just follow these easy directions:
- Chop up the veggies.
- Put them inside the foil packet.
- Sprinkle seasoning on them.
- Place on the grill over medium heat.
- Flip after about 10 minutes.
That's it! You can eat fresh, cooked veggies when you go camping. If you have an open fire, you can even place these on a metal grate and cook them that way.
What is the best seasoning for grilled veggies?
If you want to keep things simple, just grab an all-purpose seasoning that is pre-mixed. There are a lot of varieties of them from which you can choose.
But if you want to know my favorite, these are the spices I use most on my vegetables:
Foil Packet Cooking - Grilled Potatoes and Vegetables
- 4-5 small red potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized red onion sliced
- 1 large bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 cup green beans ends cut out
- 1 small yellow squash sliced
- 4 large pieces of heavy duty foil
- Cooking spray
- Using your cooking spray, spray each foil sheet with a thin layer of cooking oil.
- Divide cut ingredients among foil pieces.
- Season with your favorite seasoning, spray ingredients again with cooking spray. (This helps it from sticking.)
- Fold foil packets tightly in a square or rectangle shape so moisture does not escape.
- Place on the grill over medium heat. Grill for 10 minutes, flip and grill for 8-10 more minutes.
- Sit down, relax and enjoy!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Let's talk! Have you ever cooked a meal on the grill in a foil packet? I want to hear from you? What did you cook? How did it go?