Instant Pot Taco Soup is a delicious meal that you can make in your instant pot or on the stove pot. Either way yields delicious results!
Instant Pot Taco Soup (+ StoveTop Directions)
Whether you are a big fan of your Instant Pot (affiliate link) or a fan of just cooking on the stove top. This Instant Pot Taco Soup can be made a variety of ways and is delicious either way!
I love that if you use your instant pot for this meal, once you get all the ingredients into the instant pot and let the pressure rise, you just have 15 minutes to wait.
Not bad for a quick meal that will satisfy the entire family.
This easy taco soup has become quite the staple in our home, no matter what the outside weather is doing. It really is a family favorite because it’s a one pot soup that we all love the taste of.
I continuously wonder why it took me so long to get my own Instant Pot..and now I’m wondering if I should have two. Think how much more Instant pot soup I could make it I had another one!
But in all seriousness, this soup is really easy to make in the pressure cooker. Crazy easy.
Instant Pot Taco Soup Ingredients
- Bell pepper
- Vegetable broth
- Crushed tomatoes
- Pinto beans
- Black beans
- Taco seasoning
How to make this taco soup
- Saute your veggies. Put your instant pot to saute mode. Add in onion, pepper and oil. Saute until veggies are soft.
- Add ingredients (except cheese). Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cook. Put lid on Instant Pot, Use the manual mode, select pressure, high pressure and 15 minutes.
- Release the pressure. Once 15 minutes has passed and the Instant Pot beeps, carefully move the valve to release the pressure.
- Add the cheese. Once released, open the pot, stir in cheese.
- Garnish and enjoy! Pour into bowls and top with your favorite garnish, such as tortilla chips, cilantro, green onions, sour cream, etc
This Instant Pot Taco Soup recipe is so flexible, you can easily make it vegan. Just omit the cheese! Perhaps you add some avocado slices to the top to add a level of creaminess. Plus, avocado is such a good fat to add to your diet.
This is one of the tastiest vegetarian recipes that I just love to make.
Looking for more gluten-free soups and recipes? You’ll lose these options as well:
- Gluten Free Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Gluten Free Mushroom Quiche
- Hot Corn Dip; Dairy Free and Gluten Free
Or maybe you are looking to add to this to make a meal! I would high suggest you make these Black Bean Enchiladas from my friend Margaret.
Can you add ground beef and onions to this pressure cooker taco soup?
It’s always an option to add in meat if your household eats meat. Just because my site is vegetarian doesn’t mean that these recipes can’t be altered to fit your families eating habits.
What kind of beans can you add to this vegetarian instant pot recipe?
All the beans! Black beans, kidney beans…you name it. You can even throw in some green beans if you want to really get some looks from your family. The more beans and veggies, the heartier and tastier it becomes.
Can I freeze this taco soup?
Absolutely you can. Just allow the soup to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container or freezer bag. When you are ready to enjoy the soup, just allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Just like regular tacos, you can put really anything on top of this soup that you would put on your tacos. Here a few tasty suggestions!
- Tortillas. I love topping this Taco Soup with crushed tortillas. Don’t have any tortillas, crunching up a hard shell taco does the same thing!
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- Green onions
- More Cheese!
- Corn Chips
What to serve with this taco soup?
Of course this soup is great on its own, but here are a few great options to serve with it:
- Air Fryer Mexican Corn on the Cob (skinny version)
- Grilled Corn Avocado Tomato Salad + a grilling tip
- Mexican Rice Casserole
If you are looking for a starter to serve before this recipe is on your table, I suggest these Gluten-Free Chip and Guacamole Bites from My Gluten-Free Kitchen!
Tips for making this Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Time. Be sure to account for time it takes for your instant pot to build up and release pressure in addition to the cooking time!
- Versatility. You can really make this your own with toppings just like you would for tacos.
Or maybe wondering more about vegetarian life or meatless cooking? There are several different types of vegetarians.
Basic types of vegetarians are:
Pin this Instant Pot Taco Soup for later:
After one bite, I think you’ll agree with me that this Taco Soup is delicious! Let’s get to this recipe! Are you ready?
Instant Pot Taco Soup (+ StoveTop Directions)
- Put your instant pot to saute mode. Add in onion, pepper and oil. Saute until veggies are soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Put lid on Instant Pot, Use the manual mode, select pressure, high pressure and 15 minutes.
- Once 15 minutes has passed and the Instant Pot beeps, carefully move the valve to release the pressure.
- Once released, open the pot, stir in cheese.
- Pour into bowls and top with your favorite garnish, such as tortilla chips, cilantro, green onions, sour cream, etc
Easy peasy! We are working to add an instant pot recipe a month to our site. Please follow along and keep up with our instant pot recipes. You can also find more soup recipes and other gluten-free recipes in our recipe index!
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment below if you love Taco Soup! Tell me what your favorite topping for this soup would be. Are you thinking cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, etc?