Air Fryer Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan is easy to make! Want Vegan Eggplant Parmesan or Dairy Free Eggplant Parmesan? We give you options!
AIR FRYER GLUTEN FREE EGGPLANT PARMESAN RECIPE
Eggplant is actually one of my husband's favorite food items. It is not something that I often use in my cooking. I need to get better about that, I’m sure he would appreciate it!
But with this Air Fryer Gluten-Free Eggplant Parmesan dish, I think I'll be using eggplant a whole lot more! We originally made this baked eggplant parmesan recipe without our air fryer! But since we’ve been so into air fryer recipes, we have adapted it!
Did you know that eggplants are actually nightshades? It is actually related to potatoes and tomatoes!
There really isn’t a vegetable that compares to eggplant, it’s a very unique flavor and texture that makes it an excellent hearty vegetarian entree.
HOW EASY IS IT TO USE AN AIR FRYER?
So how does an air fryer work? When I say it’s super simple, it’s simple. You literally set the temp, figure out the time, and wait for that food to be done.
Is there any other appliance out there that is as simple as that? And clean-up? A total breeze.
If appliances were made to help you out in the kitchen and save you time, this power airfryer xl does just that. You’ll be working in the kitchen so much less with the use of this appliance!
INGREDIENTS IN AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN
Marinara Sauce - Use whatever brand or style of sauce that you like!
Eggplant - find a medium sized eggplant, about 1 pound in weight.
Eggs - The eggs in this recipe help the breadcrumbs stick to the eggplant.
Panko Breadcrumbs -Panko is perfect for air fryer recipes because these crumbs are extra crispy.
Italian Seasoning - This is typically a blend of herbs including basil and oregano.
Mozzarella Cheese - Perfect for melting on top of your eggplant parmesan.
Fresh Basil - This is a garnish that adds wonderful herb-y flavor.
Pasta - Serve your eggplant with your favorite gluten free pasta.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
I promise, you won't be disappointed with this Gluten-Free Eggplant Parmesan. Remember, if you need dairy-free or vegan options, check at the bottom of the recipe.
You can easily make this a vegan gluten free eggplant parmesan recipe by using a vegan mozzarella substitute and your favorite egg substitute.
SIMPLE RECIPE FOR GLUTEN FREE AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN
- Select a medium eggplant. Wash it and slice off the ends.
- Slice eggplant into ¼ inch pieces. Place eggplant on a lipped cookie sheet. Salt the eggplant and let it sit for a bit. Flip the eggplant slices over and salt them again. Then let them sit for a bit longer.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and set aside. In another small bowl mix panko and Italian seasoning. Dip each eggplant piece into the egg mixture, followed by the panko mixture to coat.
- Cook the eggplant in the air fryer as directed.
- Gently spoon sauce onto each individual piece of eggplant.
- Place cheese on eggplant pieces. Cook in the air fryer until cheese is melted.
Gluten-Free Eggplant Parmesan is actually easier than you think. It may have multiple steps but they are simple.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN
Eggplant Parm is a complete meal all on it's own. I like to serve mine with gluten free spaghetti or a gluten free fettuchini. Any long pasta works well here.
Your family might like an extra veggie with this meal, and you may be wondering what vegetable goes with eggplant parmesan. I'd suggest Air Fryer Broccoli.
VEGAN AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN
Making this recipe vegan is pretty simple with some substitutions.
Use maple syrup instead of the egg to stick the breadcrumbs to the eggplant.
Omit the cheese all together, or use a vegan shredded cheese like Daiya.
POWER AIR FRYER XL RECIPES
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are going to be your new favorite way to make baked potatoes, I promise. They are so easy and delicious this way.
Risotto Balls in the air fryer are a crispy, creamy appetizer that will impress your guests.
Air Fryer Pickles taste like you got them in a restaurant, but without deep frying!
Still don’t have an air fryer of your own? Be sure to check out our air fryer reviews from several of the top models out there.
I can't wait to give you this SUPER easy recipe! It is literally one of the BEST things we've made and eaten in this house! My husband requests this for weekend dinners pretty regularly now, and I’m happy to oblige.
This recipe for Eggplant Parm is so delicious! Paleo? Check out this Paleo Eggplant Parmesan from A Mindful Mom.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @VegetarianMamma on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Facebook Groups: Tasty Vegetarian Recipes and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
Gluten Free Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Slice your medium eggplant into ¼ inch pieces.
- Place eggplant on top of paper towels in a lipped baking sheet.
- Salt the eggplant and let it sit for 15 minutes. Flip the eggplant slices and salt again. Let sit again for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat eggs, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix panko, Italian Seasoning and parmesan.
- Dip each eggplant piece into the egg mixture, followed by the panko mixture to coat. Make sure you do both sides.
- Cook the eggplant in the air fryer at 380 degrees F for 4 minutes. Then you are going to flip over each eggplant piece and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Gently spoon sauce onto each individual piece of eggplant.
- Place cheese on eggplant pieces. Cook in your air fryer at 380 degrees F for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Prepare pasta per the directions on the box, set aside.
- Toss pasta with remaining sauce. Divide pasta among 4 plates.
- Place 2-3 eggplant pieces on each plate on top of pasta.
- Garnish with basil and cilantro.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Vegetarian Air Fryer Resources – We have a vegetarian air fryer newsletter, which you can subscribe to here. We also have a specific vegetarian air fryer recipes group on facebook. You can find that Veg Air Fryer FB Group here.
If you are looking for vegetarian recipes beyond air fryer ones, we have a Vegetarian Newsletter as well as a Vegetarian Recipes facebook group. This newsletter and FB group offers up recipes that on the stove, in the oven, on the grill, in the instant pot and more!
- Air Fryer Calculator (convert oven recipes to air fryer)
- Common Air Fryer Mistakes
- Air Fryer Cooking Times Cheat Sheet
- Can You Put Foil in the Air Fryer
- How to Clean Your Air Fryer
- Tips for Your Air Fryer
- Cosori Air Fryer Reviews
More Air Fryer Goodies: