Malibu Sunrise is a fruity, refreshing cocktail that is easy to make and gorgeous to look at! It makes for the perfect drink any time of year.
What makes this Malibu Sunrise so good?
- It's very EASY! This Malibu Sunrise is super duper easy to make, just a few simple layers make the drink look very fancy!
- A Twist on an old favorite. This Malibu Sunrise is actually a twist on a Tequila Sunrise. The Malibu coconut rum softens and sweetens the taste of the cocktail with some fruitiness.
- Minimal Ingredients. It only has a few simple ingredients! And those ingredients taste like a beach vacation!
Tips and Tricks for this Malibu Sunrise
- Don’t be nervous about the layers in the drink. All you have to do is pour slowly! We like to pour towards the side of the glass so that each layer just slides into place. The grenadine will naturally sink to the bottom since it's heavier than the the juice and rum.
- You can garnish this Malibu Sunrise with maraschino cherries, orange wheels, and pineapple wedges! Lime wedges are also perfect. Add a cocktail umbrella to make your drink extra beachy.
- Do not stir the cocktail! If you do, the colors will blend together and you'll lose the sunrise vibes.
- We like to ice (fridge or freezer) the Malibu rum ahead of time so it's very cold!
OTHER EASY COCKTAIL RECIPES
- Gin Mojito
- Sex in the Driveway Drink
- Malibu Barbie Drink
- Gin and Coke
- Ron Ron Juice Recipe
- Brandy Manhattan
- Key Lime Pie Shot
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
- rocks glass
- Add the orange juice/pineapple juice blend to your glass. (We use a rocks glass)
- Then add the coconut rum.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the glass.
- Add the grenadine (it will settle to the bottom).
- Top the glass off with ice.
- Garnish with a cherry and the lime slices.
- Pour in each ingredient slowly so that the ingredients stay layered.
- It's also important not to stir the drink!
- Instead of orange-pineapple juice, you can use half orange juice and half pineapple juice.
- Keep Malibu rum in the freezer so that it's nice and cold when you're ready to make your drink!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.