This no sugar banana bread is so moist and naturally sweet! Start your day right with a fluffy slice of gluten-free banana bread topped with crunchy walnuts.
NO SUGAR BANANA BREAD RECIPE
I am always on the hunt for naturally sweet, gluten-free recipes. This No Sugar Banana Bread is one of my favorites! I love the crunchy addition of chopped walnuts on top, but you can skip that step for a nut-free banana bread!
If you need a gluten-free sweet loaf recipe, this is truly the best. For the best banana bread, be sure to use overly ripe, brown bananas! This makes the best bread as the starches of the banana have become yummy natural sugars.
INGREDIENTS IN NO SUGAR BANANA BREAD
Bananas: When life gives you brown bananas, make banana bread! The best bananas for banana bread are brown on the outside but still yellow and creamy on the inside.
Honey: This all-natural sweetener brings the perfect balance to this no sugar banana bread. If you are trying to make this vegan, swap for maple syrup!
Oil: You can use canola oil or vegetable oil for this no sugar banana bread recipe. It makes the loaf extra moist!
Greek yogurt: For that creamy moisture, add a little yogurt! You can use regular Greek yogurt or dairy-free options, like unsweetened coconut yogurt.
Eggs: Large eggs are always the way to go for baking. Want to make an egg-free banana bread? Try this flax egg recipe and double it!
Apple cider vinegar: This helps get a great fluffy banana bread loaf. Plus, it adds a little apple flavor for a super yummy gluten-free bread.
Vanilla extract: That perfect baked good flavor comes from the goodness of vanilla extract.
Salt: Even sweet treats need a little salt to balance the flavor.
Flour: I keep my banana bread gluten-free with a gluten-free all purpose flour. You can use regular flour for this recipe, too.
Baking powder: I use two leavening agents for this banana bread recipe. More rise for me!
Baking soda: For extra rise, baking soda makes the fluffiest banana bread without nuts.
Walnuts: For that crunchy topping, I love chopped walnuts. If you want a nut-free banana bread, skip this step.
If you have any questions about no sugar added banana bread, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
HOW TO MAKE NO SUGAR BANANA BREAD
- First, prep your ingredients, preheat the oven, and grease a loaf tin. I also use parchment paper for a clean banana bread every time!
- Then, peel the bananas and mash them with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
- Now, add everything else except the walnuts to the mix.
- Mix the batter with an electric hand mixer until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Next, pour the batter into the greased loaf tin. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top. Bake until a skewer comes out mostly clean from the center.
- For the best slices, let the banana bread cool a few minutes in the tin before moving it to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions for the best no sugar banana bread, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH NO SUGAR BANANA BREAD
This no sugar banana bread is a great way to start your day! Enjoy a slice with a hot cup of coffee.
Need another sweet brunch recipe? This air fryer monkey bread could not be easier! Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, it's the best way to start the weekend or a family holiday.
This tofu scramble looks JUST like scrambled eggs but is actually a great vegan breakfast alternative with the benefits of turmeric! Whip this up for a savory brunch option, too.
HOW RIPE SHOULD BANANAS BE FOR BANANA BREAD?
Whenever I have overly ripe bananas I forgot I bought, I take it as a sign to make this banana bread recipe. But can you use fresh, yellow bananas for banana bread?
In short, you can, but it will not be as good. As a banana ripens, the starchy fruit becomes more sugary. The sweeter the bananas are, the better your bread will be!
Bananas can have totally brown peels and still be perfect for banana bread. The bananas will still be yellow but much easier to mash.
HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN A SLICE OF HOMEMADE BANANA BREAD?
Most banana bread loaves can be sliced into about 12 thick slices.
The nutritional info for this no sugar banana bread recipe is below, so keep scrolling for all the info! It is based on twelve even slices, but it is just an estimate.
This recipe has about 215 calories per slice. If you add melted butter or honey to the top, that will definitely add a few calories each. Luckily, this recipe is also packed with potassium, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C!
MORE VEGAN BAKING RECIPES
Looking for a delicious fall bread? Vegan Pumpkin Bread is a quick and easy gluten-free bread that everyone will love! If you miss Starbucks pumpkin bread, you won't with this delicious gluten-free recipe.
These Vegan Biscotti are crunchy, chocolatey, and perfect for the holidays! Add orange zest and dried cranberries to the gluten-free cookies for a festive breakfast treat or afternoon snack.
Air Fried Oreos are a healthier version of your favorite fair food! Just 3 ingredients and 5 minutes needed to make this quick and easy vegan dessert.
Love banana bread? You will love the sweetness of vegan zucchini bread, too! Use those green squash for this delicious bread you can eat all day long.
No Sugar Banana Bread
- Loaf pan
- Mixing bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Wire cooling rack
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt or a dairy-free alternative
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ⅓ cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup chopped walnuts for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and grease and line a large loaf pan.
- Peel the bananas and add them to a large mixing bowl. Mash them thoroughly with a fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the chopped walnuts to the bowl. Mix with an electric hand whisk until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to your lined loaf tin and sprinkle over the chopped walnuts. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
- Leave the banana bread in the tin for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Allow loaf to cool for about 1 hour before slicing.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.