An easy Wellness Shot recipe is made in your blender with just 5 ingredients. This flavorful juice has anti-inflammatory benefits, vitamin C, and chia seeds for an all-day energy bonus.
Why This Wellness Shot Recipe is So Good
It tastes good, and it's good for you!
- Chia Seeds: I love tossing chia seeds into smoothies and juices. They provide natural, sustained energy for the body, and give these shots a fun texture too!
- Ginger and Turmeric: Use fresh roots to make the best tasting wellness shots. These natural medicinals have so much nutrition inside of them, plus they give the juice a spicy kick. You'll also like our recipe for Turmeric shots!
Tips and Tricks for Making Ginger Turmeric Wellness Shots
- Ginger has some spice to it! You can water down your shots if you'd like them to be less spicy. You can also try stirring a shot into a glass of iced tea or lemonade.
- To add more sweetness, try a bit of maple syrup, or lemon honey.
- Other fruits can be added. Try apples or melon.
- Fresh turmeric will stain your hands yellow! Use gloves to avoid that.
- I'm giving you the amounts of ingredients by weight so that you can accurately measure the right amount of everything, but you don't have to get so precise if you don't want to! 40 grams of ginger root or turmeric is about an ounce and a half, or about 3-inch long pieces.
- This recipe works best in a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or a Ninja blender. You can also send all of the fruits through your juicer, and then mix the juice with water and chia seeds before serving.
- Feel free to reduce the recipe by half if you don't need to serve 4 people. You can also store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days!
Can I Use Powdered Turmeric Instead of Fresh?
Yes, you can use powered turmeric if you can't find fresh. While it isn't as powerful as fresh, it can be used. We recommend that you use ½ t of powdered turmeric per shot. This recipe makes 4 shots, so you would add 2 teaspoons of powdered turmeric. If you are unsure, you can add less, taste it and adjust.
More Healthy Drink Recipes
- Turmeric Shots
- Strawberry Almond Milk
- Spirulina Smoothie
- Turmeric Latte
- Plum Juice
- Blood Orange Juice
- Elderberry Syrup
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
Wellness Shot Recipe
- 40 to 50 Grams turmeric unpeeled
- 40 to 50 Grams ginger unpeeled
- ½ Cup water
- ¼ Cup orange juice
- 1 Teaspoon chia seeds
- Prepare your ingredients. First peel the turmeric and ginger using a spoon.
- Place the peeled turmeric, peeled ginger, orange juice, water, and chia seeds in a blender, and blend until smooth. Divide into shot glass to serve.
- Turmeric will stain your hands and utensils! Use gloves to avoid yellow hands.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- A 40-gram (1.4-ounce) piece of gingerroot will be about 3 inches long. The same goes for turmeric.
- It's best to use fresh ginger and turmeric for this recipe!
- This recipe works best in a high-speed blender like a Vitamix. You can also send all of the fruits through your juicer, then add the water and chia seeds before serving.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.