Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes is the most crispy and delicious air fryer recipe you’ll find today! Ditch the deep fryer to give this Southern comfort food a healthier twist!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE AIR FRYER FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
- CRISPY - These Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes have the ultimate crisp and without all the oil you find in traditional fried green tomatoes. This air fryer version is just as good as the deep fried Southern Classic, just without the add oil with deep frying! The air fried green tomatoes come out crispy and light, not weighed down by oil!
- The breading on these air fryer fried green tomatoes can be customized. If you do not want a lot of flavor because you will be using a dipping sauce, like garlic cilantro sauce or Mediterranean Sauce just use the recipe as is. But if the fried tomatoes will stand alone, you can elevate the flavor profile but adding in spices like cayenne, smoked paprika and garlic powder to the breading mixture!
- This is such an easy recipe. You are simply slicing green tomatoes, breading them and air frying. So simple, yet so delicious!
Tips for Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- This air fryer recipe pairs well with a dip, we linked a couple above, but also I love to dip them into ranch, you can also use sour cream or salsa!
- Want even crispier air fryer fried green tomatoes? Add a little more cooking spray to the breaded tomatoes before you add them into the air fryer AND also give them a spray once you flip them over midway through cooking. ProTip: Be sure to use an air fryer safe spray, I prefer avocado oil or light olive oil that I can spritz on. Typically any aerosolized spray (like PAM) contain harsh ingredients that will damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer basket.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES TO TRY
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are a foolproof method for baked potatoes with crispy skins and fluffy insides. You will fall in love with these air fried baked potatoes. They are perfectly cooked on the outside with crunchy skin and tender evenly cooked on the inside
- Air Fryer Pickles are like your favorite fair food, but with way less oil. This recipe uses the same type of breading, but on pickles! Which taste amazing dipped into ranch! Trust me!
- French Toast in the air fryer will make breakfast a breeze. Your kids will be begging for a second helping of this easy air fryer breakfast recipe!
- Be sure to visit our sister site, Air Fryer Eats for LOTS of easy and delicious Air Fryer Recipes!
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Slice tomatoes and place on a plate. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Whisk eggs and put into shallow bowl.
- Mix panko and cornmeal and place into a shallow bowl.
- Slowly dredge the tomato slices through the egg mixture then place into the panko mixture.
- Gently press the panko mixture on the top/bottom/sides of the tomato slices.
- Spray the air fryer basket with spray. Place up to 4 tomato slices in the basket. Spray the tops with spray.
- Air Fry at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes. Flip slices, spray again with spray and cook another 4 minutes.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Old pictures! 🙂