Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes is the most delicious air fryer recipe you’ll find today! If you are looking for air fryer recipes, this one is a winner!
Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
Air fryers have been one of those appliances that have been on my wish list for a while. I’d heard amazing things about them, reading about how they can take away the grease use and cut the fat calories from food, all with ease. Eating healthy with ease? Yes, please!
Needless to say, I was pretty excited when my mom got our family an air fryer for Christmas a couple of years back. It was something I had been wanting to experiment with ever since I’d first heard about it.
What can you cook in an air fryer?
The options of what you can cook in this amazing appliance are truly endless! We’ve cooked tofu, potatoes, french fries, Brussel sprouts and more! Anything that your taste buds want to try straight out of the air fryer, give it a go!
I have been experimenting with all types of food and some beautiful green tomatoes caught my eye at our local market. I just had to try them in the power air fryer!
For us, we love to use our Power AirFryer XL (affiliate ad link).
How easy is it to use the air fryer?
When I say it’s super simple, it’s simple. You literally set the temp, figure out the time, and wait for that food to be done.
Is there any other appliance out there that is as simple as that? And clean-up? A total breeze.
Even our animal coworker Cabi, the Tabby says that the air fryer is great!
Air Fryer Success Every Time
I’ve owned my air fryer now for a while, and I have to be honest…I’ve yet to find a recipe that I don’t love. And did I mention how simple it is?
To say I’m a creature of habit is an understatement. I love being able to cook a meal and know with confidence that it’s going to taste amazing each and every time.
With the Air Fryer, I absolutely have no doubts. I know that from the moment I press start, to the moment that I remove the food from the machine, it will be cooked to perfection each and every time.
For the coating, I used a combination of cornmeal and gluten-free panko. In this particular recipe, we used Ian’s Gluten Free Italian Bread Crumbs. (affiliate ad link)
These particular gluten-free bread crumbs are super allergen friendly. So if you need to avoid things like eggs, milk, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and wheat, you should check them out!
Before you make this air fried green tomatoes, you need to grab:
- green tomatoes
- spray oil
How to make air fryer fried green tomatoes:
- You want to start with the tomatoes sliced and place them on paper towels. I like to season with salt and pepper.
- Instead of using a convection oven or the traditional frying method you are going to fall in love with this air fried recipe. Dip the sliced tomatoes into the beaten eggs and then into the panko and cornmeal mixture. Be sure to cover both sides.
- Place tomatoes into the air fryer basket.
- You are going to cook until golden on both sides. (400F for 12 minutes) I like to serve mine with a dipping sauce too!
The secret is in the sauce?
You don’t need to dip them into a sauce but I like to dip the tomatoes! I love to dip them into ranch, you can also use sour cream or salsa! YUM!
Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Risotto Balls
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
(And while I’m crazy over my Air Fryer, I’m also just as crazy about my Instant Pot as well. I love gadgets, what can I say? If you are looking for a few instant recipes or easy instant pot recipes, you can check out our instant pot stuffed peppers, instant pot taco soup, instant pot cheesy potato leek soup, instant pot black beans and instant pot leek soup.)
Pin this air fryer fried green tomatoes recipe:
Get your fried green tomatoes recipe here:
Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Slice tomatoes and place on a plate. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Beat eggs and put into shallow bowl.
- Mix panko and cornmeal and place into a shallow bowl.
- Slowly dredge the tomato slices through the egg mixture then place into the panko mixture. Gently press the panko mixture on the top/bottom/sides of the tomato slices.
- Spray the air fryer basket with spray. Place up to 4 tomato slices in the basket. Spray the tops with spray.
- Air Fry at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes. Flip slices, spray again with spray and cook another 4 minutes.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Question: Do you own an air fryer? What do you like to cook in it?