There truly is no need to bake brownies when you can quickly and easily whip up a chewy, chocolatey edible brownie batter with chocolate chunks in just a few minutes!
This rich and fudgy brownie batter is gluten-free, simple to make, and the perfect decadent dessert to enjoy by yourself or share with your family.
Why This Edible Brownie Batter Recipe is So Good
- Gluten-Free, Egg-free, and Nut-Free - You can include nuts if you'd like, but as written, my recipe for edible brownie batter is free from nuts, eggs, and gluten.
- You can make this recipe with regular butter and milk, or use your favorite vegan alternatives to make it dairy-free.
- Rich, thick, double chocolate brownie batter with chocolate chunks is divine! You won't be able to resist a spoonful of this yummy treat, and it's ok because this brownie batter is completely safe to eat.
- This brownie batter is sweet, but not too sweet. A combination of powdered and granulated sugar gives it the perfect texture and amount of sweetness.
- Virtually no-bake. We'll heat treat the flour before mixing it in, for food safety reasons, but otherwise, this no-bake dessert is ready in minutes.
Tips and Tricks for Making The Best Edible Brownie Batter
- Swap out the semi-sweet chocolate chunks for chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or any flavor baking chips you enjoy.
- Feel free to add chopped walnuts or chopped candy bars too!
- Don't skip heating the flour. I'd hate for anyone to get sick after eating such a delicious treat.
- You can adjust the consistency of the batter if you need to. If it seems dry, add a splash of milk. If it's too wet, add a tablespoon of flour.
- After you've mixed it, your brownie batter can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. You can also freeze it for up to two months.
Edible Brownie Batter Variations to Try
You can dress up edible brownie batter however you like. There's almost nothing that you can do to this recipe that will mess it up!
Have your kids choose their favorite mix-ins, like sprinkles, shredded coconut, or candy pieces, and give them their own portion to customize.
Try adding crushed Oreos, graham crackers, or mini marshmallows. Use your imagination, anything goes!
Serve edible brownie batter over a scoop of ice cream and fresh berries, and drizzle with hot fudge or melted peanut butter for the ultimate brownie sundae.
More Decadent Chocolate Recipes
- Vegan Mug Brownie with Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Covered Pickles (I know it sounds odd, but they are so delicious!)
- Vegan German Chocolate Cake
- Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse
- Chickpea Edible Cookie Dough
Yay you have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
Edible Brownie Batter
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Electric mixer
- Gather your ingredients and preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Spread the flour onto a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Beat together the melted butter, sugars, and milk.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and beat to combine.
- Add the chocolate chunks and fold them in gently.
- Transfer to your serving bowl of choice. Serve with ice cream, fresh berries, or spread onto graham crackers.
- To make this recipe vegan, use vegan butter and your favorite dairy-free milk.
- If you don't need the brownie batter to be gluten free, feel free to use regular all-purpose flour.
- It's important to cook the flour, uncooked flour can be unsafe to consume.
- Store the edible brownie batter in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.