Hearty, flavorful, and packed with veggies, this simple Tofu Noodle Soup aka Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup is the perfect pot of delicious comfort on any day!
Thank you to the EZ Tofu Press for sponsoring this post.
Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
Tofu Noodle Soup is one of my favorite recipes to make on a rainy or cool day. There’s nothing quite as comforting as a big pot of soup chock full of nutrient-packed veggies. Add in some pan cooked tofu for extra protein and your favorite noodles, and you’ve got a mouthwatering meal with healing benefits!
What kind of noodles are best for Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup?
I recommend using a flat, sturdy variety of noodle that will hold up to all of the other elements in a pot of soup. You’ll also want to use a type of noodle that won’t fall apart or disintegrate while cooking in broth.
You could try just about any variety of dry egg pasta, including corkscrew-shaped egg noodles (most egg noodles contain egg and are not vegan) or bundles of fettuccine-style noodles or Amish-made noodles. I used a gluten free noodle from Jovial.
If you’re vegan, look for a variety of pasta that contains no egg.
Did you know that pressing your tofu is important? I did not, at first! Pressing the tofu helps to remove extra liquid. It allows the tofu to cook up better!
Wondering how you press tofu? Well you use a special gadget! The EZ Tofu Press takes the liquid out of your firm or extra firm tofu easily, quickly, and with less mess than using plates and cans. This press utilizes simple mechanics and quality materials to ensure that it’s long-lasting and easy to use.
The plastic is BPA free and the grommets and screws are stainless steel. You can wash the EZ tofu Press by hand or in the dishwasher.
How to Make Tofu Noodle Soup or Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
Making a giant pot of healthy soup doesn’t have to be a big ordeal! This recipe is super easy and yields seriously impressive soup results. Here’s what to do:
- Place a large soup pot on your stove and saute some diced onion in oil.
- Add diced carrots and celery, and continue to cook until everything is softened.
- Add spices and stir to combine.
- Pour veggie broth into the pot and stir to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Press, dice, then saute tofu in oil in a pan on the stove. Season with poultry seasoning.
- Add tofu and noodles to the soup and cook until noodles are softened.
Does poultry seasoning contain meat?
If you’re vegetarian or vegan and concerned about the name “poultry seasoning”, don’t worry! There is absolutely no poultry or meat of any kind in poultry seasoning.
Poultry seasoning is a combination of spices that you likely already keep in your pantry, such as thyme, marjoram, sage, rosemary, nutmeg, and black pepper. It’s often used in chicken recipes, which is where it gets its name.
So if you’re not a meat-eater, you can rest assured that this type of seasoning mix is simply an ingredient used to add lots of mouthwatering flavor to yummy recipes like this tofu noodle soup.
How long does Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup stay fresh?
When stored properly, this tofu noodle soup will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Always allow leftover soup to cool to room temperature before storing. Place the cooled soup in an airtight container with a lid, then store in your refrigerator.
For best results, reheat your desired amount of soup on the stove over medium to medium-low heat until warm, then serve and enjoy.
Looking for more comforting vegetarian soup recipes? Try these!
- Vegetarian Coconut Curry Soup
- Crockpot Cheesy Enchilada Soup
- Creamy Mushroom Rice Soup
- Vegetarian Lasagna Soup
- Corn and Potato Soup
- Gluten Free Mac and Cheese
More Tofu Recipes To Try
- Tofu Fried Rice
- Crispy Orange Tofu Recipe
- Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burritos
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Tofu Noodle Bowls
- Pineapple Barbecue Tofu
- Teriyaki Tofu
- Buffalo Tofu Bites
- Sweet Potato Tofu Bowl
- Air Fryer Tofu Tacos
Tofu Noodle Soup
For the Tofu:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
For the Tofu
- Press tofu in the tofu press for 10-12 minutes tightening the knobs every 3-4 minutes. Drain off water.
- Cut tofu into cubes.
- Season tofu with seasoning.
- Saute tofu in a medium sized skillet over medium heat until gold brown.
- Set aside.
For the Soup
- In a stock pot, warm the oil. Saute onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the diced carrot and celery to the onion mixture. Saute until all vegetables are softened.
- Add vegetable broth to stock pot. Bring to a slow boil.
- Add pasta to pot, boil for 8 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Add cooked tofu and serve.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Do you find a big bowl of soup comforting? I know that I do. I love soup any time of the year! What is your favorite type of soup? Leave a comment below.