Want to reinvent your lack luster breakfast? Try these Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burritos to jump start your day with some flavor!
Breakfast is always a tough one for me. During the week our mornings are so busy as we all go our ways, and I like to make Busy Morning Breakfast Eggs when I’m in a hurry. But the weekends are a different story. We love to have lazy breakfasts on the weekend!
There’s just something about making a big breakfast and sitting down as a family to enjoy the meal in our jammies!
We are always looking for new ideas for our meals. We love tofu recipes and we decided to make a scramble that we could make into breakfast burritos!
Ingredients in Breakfast Burritos
These easy tofu scramble breakfast burritos are made with simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need in order to make them:
- Olive oil
- Diced bell pepper
- Fresh spinach
- Firm tofu
- Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- Diced green onions
- Optional toppings such as queso blanco and additional cilantro
At home, all of our meals are gluten-free and vegetarian, so I usually make these breakfast burritos with corn tortillas. Corn tortillas are naturally gluten free and they give Mexican inspired dishes a much more authentic taste and feel.
To prepare our tofu, we used our EZ Tofu Press!
I’ve talked about The EZ Tofu Press before and all the ways that I love it!
This little gadget is full of magic! It helps to squeeze out all the liquid so that my tofu cooks up better and with more flavor! It is a win-win!
Do you have to press tofu?
You definitely should press tofu when cooking with it. Tofu is packed in water, and is very porous, so it’s filled with moisture.
It’s important to press out the extra water so that you can incorporate other flavors into it. That’s an essential step for this tofu scramble recipe.
Luckily, the EZ Tofu Press makes this process super easy for you! Just press out the water and crumble the tofu into your skillet as directed in the recipe. It’s that simple!
How long should you cook tofu?
Since tofu is a plant protein made with soybeans, you can eat it cooked or uncooked.
When making a tofu scramble, you’ll cook it together with the seasonings and sauteed veggies for about 8-10 minutes in a skillet until it’s heated through.
How to Make Vegetarian Burritos
- Saute the peppers in a skillet with olive oil. Add the spinach to the pan and let it wilt.
- Crumble the tofu into the skillet and stir it into the sauteed veggies.
- Add the spices, salsa, cilantro, and green onions, and stir to combine.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until heated through, then scoop the mixture onto corn tortillas.
- Add toppings, then serve and enjoy!
Looking for more creative ways to prepare tofu? Try these easy tofu recipes!
- Tofu Noodle Bowls
- Tofu with Spanish Rice and Beans
- Curry Tofu with Broccoli and Rice
- Sheet Pan Lemon Tofu and Beans
- Air Fryer Tofu
Let’s talk! Leave me a comment telling me if you’ve ever made a tofu scramble! What do you like to add in?
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burritos
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the peppers. Then add in spinach to wilt.
- Crumble tofu into skillet, stir to combine with the peppers and spinach.
- Add in chili powder, garlic salt, salsa, cilantro and green onions. Stir to combine.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes until mixture is heated throughout, then, scoop onto warm corn tortillas.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.
Guess what? I am giving away an EZ Tofu Press to one lucky winner! Enter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Hungry for more gluten-free recipes? Be sure to check out our recipe index. You can also visit our Amazon store to see our favorite gluten-free products and kitchen equipment! This post contains an Amazon affiliate link.