Sweet and Salty Tofu Bowls are loaded with delicious flavor. They are easy to make and have the perfect balance between sweet and salty!
So I have this little obsession with this sweet and salty tofu bowl. It is true, I am addicted to this bowl.
I created this dish so that I could enjoy, at home, one of my favorite tofu bowls that I get when dining out. At home is so much easier, cheaper and often times safer!
So I took the concept and made it my own. The original dish has carrots and cauliflower in it, but I opted for broccoli only.
Oh yes and the addition of green onions and sesame seeds…that is all me 🙂
One of the things I love most about this sweet and salty tofu bowl is that I can prep it in a double batch and have delicious lunches all week long!
Tasty! Easy! Lunches!
That sounds like a plan!
I used SunButter as the “butter” in my sauce. We love SunButter at my house. If you have another seed butter or nut butter you prefer, go for it.
Make it your own!
Ready to learn more about this sauce and how to make this Sweet and Salty Tofu Bowl? Check out this video I made for you!
See, I told you that was easy! One of the most important things you need to do is press your tofu! Just like you saw me do in the video!
We use the EZ Tofu Press in our home. Every time I talk about the EZ Tofu Press, I share that it is something I didn’t know that I needed. Now that I have one, I will never be without!
This device gets so much liquid from my tofu which allows it to cook up better! We are giving one away, head to the bottom of this post to enter! You can get your EZ Tofu Press from Amazon (affiliate link)
Yes, you pretty much need one of these, if you are going to make tofu! I promise, it will make your life easier!
If you are new to the world of tofu, you are in the right spot! We told you about the EZ Tofu Press. That is one thing you will need!
Want to learn more about tofu?
Check out our tofu education posts!
Understanding Tofu – a beginners guide – Learn more about how tofu is made (even try it at home if you like!) and what the different types of tofu mean.
Benefits of Tofu – Read about the health benefits of adding tofu into your meal plan.
4 Simple Ways to Cook Tofu – Here I teach you exactly how to cook tofu in for different and easy ways.
Tips for Grilling Tofu – Bonus! One more amazing way to cook tofu that’s perfect for warm weather.
We even have loads of tofu recipes to get you started in the kitchen! Just head up to the search bar and type in tofu! Or you can click on our recipe index.
After that, you can select TOFU from the drop down menu!
Like I said before I love prepping a double batch of this recipe for my weekly lunches! I put them into glass containers that I got on amazon. Easy enough!
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 6 T creamy seed or nut butter
- 2 T honey
- 2 T Sriracha
- 4 T sesame seed oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 T avocado oil (for frying)
- 2 cups broccoli
- 4 cups of steamed rice.
- 3 green onions, white and greens diced
- lime, sliced in quarters
- cilantro, options
- sesame seeds, optional
- Using your EZ Tofu Press, press the tofu for 12 minutes.
- While tofu is pressing, make your sauce. In a bowl combine seed butter, honey, sriracha and sesame oil. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut tofu into cubes. Set aside.
- Boil broccoli for 4-5 minutes or until al dente. Set aside.
- Warm 1 T of avocado oil in a medium frying pan. Gently saute tofu cubes until golden brown.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in sauce. Gently stir to coat tofu.
- Divide rice into four bowls.
- Divide broccoli equally between bowls.
- Place tofu and sauce mixture equally between the four bowls.
- Garnish each bowl with a quarter of a lime, green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.
I hope that you love these tofu bowls just as much as I do!
Leave me a comment below telling me if you are a fan of the sweet and salty flavor? Have you ever tried tofu?