If you're on the hunt for a creative vegetarian dinner recipe, look no further! This BBQ tofu marinade is easy to make and full of sweet and savory flavor!
This post is sponsored by EZ Tofu Press.
BBQ TOFU MARINADE RECIPE
Tofu marinade recipes are a fun and easy way to add loads of flavor to dinner. My favorite BBQ tofu marinade is super quick to make and requires only 6 simple ingredients. With just 20 minutes in the marinade and 30 minutes in the oven, you can have a sheet pan BBQ tofu dinner that will wow your family!
If you love delicious tofu dinner recipes, check out my sheet pan lemon tofu and beans post!
PREPARING TOFU FOR BAKING
The first step to creating scrumptious tofu sheet pan dinners is pressing the moisture out of your tofu. I love my EZ Tofu Press for this purpose!
Pressing all of the water out of your tofu is important so that it retains its shape during the cooking process. If there's too much moisture in the tofu, it will fall apart in the oven.
The EZ Tofu Press makes pressing tofu super easy! Simply place the EZ Tofu Press over a plate or shallow bowl to catch the liquid from the tofu. Secure a block of extra firm tofu into the press and turn the knobs to tighten.
Turn the tightening knobs every 3-4 minutes for about 12 minutes or so to ensure that as much liquid as possible has been expended from the tofu block. After the 12 minutes is up, loosen up the knobs to release the block of tofu. It's that simple!
INGREDIENTS IN BBQ TOFU MARINADE
Oil - Marinating tofu in oil allows it to crisp up when cooking.
BBQ Sauce - Use your favorite brand and flavor, just check labels to be sure it's free of any alergens.
Apple Cider Vinegar - Adds a little bit of tang to our marinade.
Onion Powder - Adds richness and flavor to the sauce.
Smoked Paprika- This is my go-to spice for any bbq recipes, it's smoky and warm and gives a nice rich color.
Garlic Salt- Salty and garlicy, this adds the right amount of seasoning for our tofu.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MARINATE TOFU
If you've never tried your hand at marinading tofu before, now's the time! It's a super simple process. Here's how to do it:
- Add the marinade ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix everything together using a whisk.
- Press your tofu using a tofu press like the EZ Tofu Press (see my instructions above for how to do this!).
- Dice your tofu into bite-sized pieces and place them into a large zip lock bag. Pour the marinade over the tofu, seal the bag, and massage the marinade into the tofu bites.
- Spread your marinated tofu onto a prepared baking sheet and bake as directed by the recipe.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
WHAT DO YOU EAT WITH TOFU?
If you're tired of serving the same old side dishes at dinner time, why not mix things up a bit? I like to serve this BBQ tofu recipe with a simple side of mashed potatoes and green beans. Here are some other easy recipe ideas that make delicious accompaniments for a dinner with BBQ tofu marinade:
Sweet Corn Pudding is a sweet and savory casserole that pairs well with BBQ flavors.
Easy Broccoli Casserole is a super yummy side dish that goes well with almost anything.
MORE SIMPLE TOFU RECIPES
Crispy Orange Tofu is like your favorite takeout dish, but better!
Sweet and Salty Tofu Bowls are perfect for lunch, dinner, or make ahead meal prep.
If you want perfectly crispy tofu bits, try our Kid Friendly Tofu Bites
Honey Sriracha Tofu is another sweet and spicy Asian dish that beats anything you'll get at a takeout restaurant.
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
BBQ Tofu Marinade (Baked BBQ Tofu)
- EZ Tofu Press
- Press the tofu in a tofu press like the EZ Tofu Press for 10-12 minutes, tightening the knobs every 3-4 minutes.
- Add the oil, BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, and spices to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the sauce into a gallon sized zip lock bag.
- Remove the tofu from the tofu press and cut into small bite-sized chunks.
- Place the tofu squares into the zip lock bag and gently toss them in the marinade to coat.
- Allow the tofu to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Line a lipped baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the tofu over the parchment in a single layer.
- Bake the tofu at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping the tofu after 15 minutes to ensure that it cooks evenly.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.