If you’re on the hunt for a creative vegetarian dinner recipe, look no further! This BBQ tofu marinade is easy to make and full of sweet and savory flavor!
This post is sponsored by EZ Tofu Press.
Tofu marinade recipes are a fun and easy way to add loads of flavor to dinner. My favorite BBQ tofu marinade is super quick to make and requires only 6 simple ingredients. With just 20 minutes in the marinade and 30 minutes in the oven, you can have a sheet pan BBQ tofu dinner that will wow your family!
If you love delicious tofu dinner recipes, check out my sheet pan lemon tofu and beans post!
Preparing Tofu for Baking
The first step to creating scrumptious tofu sheet pan dinners is pressing the moisture out of your tofu. I love my EZ Tofu Press for this purpose!
Pressing all of the water out of your tofu is important so that it retains its shape during the cooking process. If there’s too much moisture in the tofu, it will fall apart in the oven.
The EZ Tofu Press makes pressing tofu super easy! Simply place the EZ Tofu Press over a plate or shallow bowl to catch the liquid from the tofu. Secure a block of extra firm tofu into the press and turn the knobs to tighten.
Turn the tightening knobs every 3-4 minutes for about 12 minutes or so to ensure that as much liquid as possible has been expended from the tofu block. After the 12 minutes is up, loosen up the knobs to release the block of tofu. It’s that simple!
How to Marinate Tofu
If you’ve never tried your hand at marinading tofu before, now’s the time! It’s a super simple process. Here’s how to do it:
- Add the marinade ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix everything together using a whisk.
- Press your tofu using a tofu press like the EZ Tofu Press (see my instructions above for how to do this!).
- Dice your tofu into bite-sized pieces and place them into a large zip lock bag. Pour the marinade over the tofu, seal the bag, and massage the marinade into the tofu bites.
- Spread your marinated tofu onto a prepared baking sheet and bake as directed by the recipe.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
What do you eat with tofu?
If you’re tired of serving the same old side dishes at dinner time, why not mix things up a bit? I like to serve this BBQ tofu recipe with a simple side of mashed potatoes and green beans. Here are some other easy recipe ideas that make delicious accompaniments for a dinner with BBQ tofu marinade:
- Sweet Corn Pudding
- Easy Vegetarian Baked Beans
- Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- Easy Broccoli Casserole
- Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
For more easy vegetarian dinner inspiration, check out these other simple tofu recipes:
- Crispy Orange Tofu
- Sweet and Salty Tofu Bowls
- Kid Friendly Tofu Bites
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Tofu
- Honey Sriracha Tofu
BBQ Tofu Marinade (Baked BBQ Tofu)
- EZ Tofu Press
- Press the tofu in a tofu press like the EZ Tofu Press for 10-12 minutes, tightening the knobs every 3-4 minutes.
- Add the oil, BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, and spices to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the sauce into a gallon sized zip lock bag.
- Remove the tofu from the tofu press and cut into small bite-sized chunks.
- Place the tofu squares into the zip lock bag and gently toss them in the marinade to coat.
- Allow the tofu to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Line a lipped baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the tofu over the parchment in a single layer.
- Bake the tofu at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping the tofu after 15 minutes to ensure that it cooks evenly.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.