Sweet, spicy, buttery Cajun Fried Corn is super simple to make in just 10 minutes on the stove! Enjoy this easy and delicious Southern side dish with any of your favorite meals.
Why This Cajun Fried Corn Recipe is So Good
- It's Super Quick and Easy! It takes about 10 minutes to cook cajun corn on a skillet, and most of that time is completely hands-off while the corn simmers in the flavorful sauce.
- I mentioned it's tasty, right? Cajun fried corn is a little bit spicy from the addition of Cajun seasoning and savory and rich from butter, vegetable stock, and garlic.
- Everyone loves buttery corn! Use regular butter or vegan butter in this recipe.
Tips and Tricks for Making Easy Cajun Fried Corn
- Use your favorite Cajun Seasoning. These spice blends are not all created equal, so you should understand how spicy yours is before you add it in. You can adjust the spiciness by adding more or less cajun seasoning.
- Check the labels. Be sure that your cajun seasoning is gluten-free! Most Cajun seasoning blends should be, but additives in spice blends can be tricky. I keep McCormick brand Cajun seasoning in my spice rack.
- For even more heat, try stirring in chopped chili peppers or adding a bit of hot sauce.
- There's no need to thaw the frozen corn. Toss it in the pan while it's still frozen, it will thaw as it cooks.
- Try it with fresh corn. Frozen corn works well in this recipe, but you can certainly use fresh sweet corn if you have it. Check out this article on how to cut corn off the cob without making a huge mess.
What to Serve with Cajun Fried Corn
You'll love this Southern fried corn treat with any of your favorite Southern-style or Cajun meals!
Now, we know that Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are nothing short of amazing, right? Well, how about taking them up a notch and dishing them up with a HUGE serving of Cajun Fried Corn as a topping, BUT with some Vegan Bacon Bits thrown into the mix? Sounds like a match made in Heaven to us!
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
All of our vegetable side dish recipes are waiting for you in the search bar! Try some of these favorites next:
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Easy Zucchini Bake
- Seasoned Black Beans
- Sweet Potato Pasta
- Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Roasted Honey Sriracha Brussel Sprouts
- Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey - If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, too!
Cajun Fried Corn
- Large skillet
- Melt the butter over a medium heat in a large frying pan. Add the vegetable stock and spices and stir until well combined.
- Add the corn along with some salt and pepper to taste. Stir to coat the corn, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Transfer to your serving bowl of choice. If desired, garnish with fresh herbs.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Add extra spice if you like by stirring in fresh chopped chili peppers or your favorite hot sauce. You can also add additional Cajun seasoning during cooking or just before serving.
- There's no need to thaw the corn kernels. Since they're small, they'll thaw quickly in the frying pan.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.