Vegan Taquitos are the crispiest rolled taco! Stuff these baked tortillas with your favorite taco toppings and Beyond Meat.
VEGAN TAQUITOS RECIPE
I'm always looking for new ideas for Mexican-inspired nights, and Vegan Taquitos are a family favorite! These crunchy rolled tacos are filled with Beyond Meat, vegan cheese, onions, and your favorite toppings.
You can always ditch the meat alternative for these Instant Pot black beans! The beauty of taquitos is they are totally versatile.
INGREDIENTS IN VEGAN TAQUITOS
Beyond Meat: You can use any protein in these taquitos. I love Beyond Meat because it's filling and easy!
Oil: You need a little oil to get that char on your meat alternative. You can also use a bit on the tortillas for the crunchiest taquitos.
Onion: Be sure to sauté the onion with your protein before you bake for a sweet, caramelized taste.
Curry powder: I keep it simple with this homemade taquito seasoning. Curry powder brings a new depth to the mix and a little build of spice, too!
Onion powder: I know, I've already got onions in this recipe. But onion powder is a little sweeter than onions.
Smoked paprika: Despite the color, smoked paprika isn't very spicy. It's got a great, rich smokey flavor!
Vegetable broth: You can also use water for this step, but veggie broth gives it so much more flavor.
Vegan cheese: Shredded cheese makes the "meat" stay together in the taquitos.
Tortillas: I use flour tortillas because they're easier to roll than corn. You can always swap for gluten-free tortillas too.
Garnishes: The beauty of these taquitos is you can clean out your produce drawer, too! I like to top mine with diced tomatoes, guacamole, and vegan sour cream.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN TAQUITOS
- First, sauté the Beyond Meat and onions until they're browned and translucent.
- Then, add the spices to the pan and cook another couple minutes.
- When it's all cooked, add the shredded cheese and stir until it's all melted.
- Now, spoon the mixture into the tortillas. Put it to one side instead of the center for a tighter roll.
- To roll, start with the filling side. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Finally, put the tortillas seam-side down in a greased baking dish. You can spray a little oil on top for extra crispy tortillas. Bake until crispy. If you want them even crunchier, turn on the broiler for a couple minutes, but don't walk away!
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH VEGAN TAQUITOS
I love Mexican-inspired night because there's so many awesome flavors! I'm never bored planning a Mexican menu.
Pack all your favorites into one simple dish with this Mexican tater tot casserole. Perfect as a side dish or even a main dish!
Mexican street corn is SO good, but it's got a lot of calories. I use this air fryer elote recipe to reduce the fat by cutting out frying!
Keep the sides simple tonight with my vegan Spanish rice! No more packaged mixes for you!
IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FLAUTAS AND TAQUITOS?
I love tacos, and rolled tacos are so fun! But what's the difference between flautas and taquitos?
Both are traditional rolled tacos, but the difference is in the tortillas. Flautas are typically made with flour tortillas, while taquitos are in corn tortillas.
I guess technically these are vegan flautas!
HOW DO YOU KEEP TAQUITOS FROM FALLING APART
Tortillas are great for holding tons of ingredients, but sometimes they get soggy and fall apart.
To make the best taquitos, make sure you roll them tight and nestle them into the baking dish seam-side down. If not, they'll unroll while they bake.
You want the tortillas to be super crispy so they stay closed.
MORE YUMMY VEGAN RECIPES
I can roll anything in a tortilla. My family loves these vegan burritos!
Comfort food is the best food, and vegan beef stew is as wonderful as the original without the meat.
We're always planning for meal prep and basic lunch ideas. Vegan chicken salad is super simple and packed with chickpeas, celery, scallions, dill, carrots, and pickles.
Have you made this recipe? Please leave a comment AND rating below! It helps other readers!
Be sure to tag @VegetarianMamma on instagram, if you share a picture on the gram! Let's get social, you can follow me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Facebook Groups: Tasty Vegetarian Recipes and Vegetarian Air Fryer Recipes.
Don't forget to subscribe to our EMAIL newsletter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and sauté the Beyond Meat with onions.
- When it's nearly cooked, add all the spices and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add cheese to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas, roll with seam side down, and place in greased baking dish.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until crispy. If you want extra crispy taquitos, spray the tops of the tortillas with oil, or use the broiler at the end of cooking for a few minutes.
All though this website attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, the information should only be considered an estimate. Varying factors such as different product types, different brands, etc. can change nutritional information. It is your responsibility as a consumer to read all labels to make sure the ingredients fit your dietary needs as well as calculate your own nutritional information as a double check.