Gorgonzola Apple Salad
Gorgonzola Cheese and Apple Salad is a crowd pleasing salad that will keep your dinner guests asking for more. This salad is a delicious vegetarian option for your next Sunday Supper.
Servings 4 people
- 2 T white wine vinegar
- 1 t honey
- 1 fuji apple sliced into wedges
- 3/4 c grapes halved
- 1/4 c fresh basil cut into ribbons
- 3 c baby spinach fresh
- 3 c arugula fresh
- 1/4 c scallions diced
- 1 c Gorgonzola Cheese Boar's Head Brand
- 1 T oil
- 1/4 c pumpkin seeds
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar and the honey. Toss in the apples and fresh basil. Stir to combine and coat. Set aside.
Using a large platter, spread the greens evenly on the serving platter.
Top with scallions, cheese and pumpkin seeds.
Next, top the greens with the apple mixture including any left over liquid.
Gently drizzle oil onto the salad! ENJOY!
- The original recipe called for the use of almonds. I would suggest almonds or walnuts in this recipe. I would use about ¼ of a cup of your preferred nut. Or you are welcome to use seeds like I did. Sunflower or pumpkin seeds are a great fit for this gorgonzola salad.
- Use a different cheese. Yes, you can have fun with the cheese options on this apple salad. If you aren’t much of a gorgonzola fan, you can also choose goat cheese! If you love feta, I think it would make a great tangy choice!
- You can omit the basil but I would suggest that you include it. The fresh basil really elevates the dish. If you don’t include it, you will be missing out on some great flavor.
- You can use any variety of apple that you like. I used a Fuji apples because the original recipe called for it and my family loves those types of apples. If you have a favorite apple variety, feel free to use that type!
- Make ahead. I think this salad is best eaten the day of, but I did save some for the following day for lunch! It was not soggy and still perfect!
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 418mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2865IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 1.6mg